Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ubuntu samba server path
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu samba server path Post 302456410 by royalibrahim on Friday 24th of September 2010 07:21:52 AM
Old 09-24-2010
Ubuntu samba server path

Hi,

I can see a folder is mounted in my Ubuntu 8.04 machine through samba share. But, I could not find it out its actual location in the disk.

If I issue the command
Code:
sudo smbclient -L user

its listing the folder as 'sharename' and 'type' as disk

So, anyone help me how can I locate the samba shared path in the disk?

I can access the folder using "smb://..../..." and by clicking "Menu > Places > Network"

Last edited by royalibrahim; 09-24-2010 at 09:11 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Solaris

samba network path not found

Hello I am new to solaris samba. After configuring samba through swat I can see the the machine listed under windows workgroup computers. when selected it shows the shared directories, But when trying to connect to shares shows a error network path not found. At the same time solaris network... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kc2dws
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Logging samba share in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Hi guys I am trying to log full_audit on my samba shares so I know who is creating, deleting, renaming, moving etc. files and directories in the samba/windows share. In my etc/samba/smb.conf file, under I have: # Audit settings full_audit: prefix = %u|%I|%S full_audit:failure =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba broken on clone Ubuntu

I configured freeradius version 2.2.0 running on Ubuntu 12.04 to authenticate against active directory and it is working fine until I decide to clone (vmware) the machine. Once the machine is clone I changed the IP address, hostname in (/etc/hosts and /etc/hostname) and also changed the name in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS - domain controller configuration (SAMBA)

Hello! Never configured a Linux server from a scratch. Reviewed the official documentation and dozens of different "how to", but now one of them helped me to solve the issue. The need: My final goal is to install a small network (later with around 10 stations) where I can controle the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQwert
0 Replies
packf(1)						      General Commands Manual							  packf(1)

NAME
packf - compress a folder into a single file (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
packf [+folder] [msgs] [-file name] [-help] OPTIONS
Specifies the file in which you want the message(s) to be stored. If you specify an existing file then the specified messages will be appended to the end of that file. Otherwise, a new file will be created and the messages placed in it. If you do not specify a filename, packf attempts to place the messages in a file called msgbox in the current working directory. If this file does not exist, packf asks whether you want to create it. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. The default settings for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to all -file DESCRIPTION
Each message in a folder is normally stored as a separate file. The packf command takes all messages from the current folder and copies them to a single specified file. Each message in the file is separated by four <CTRL/A>s and a newline. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not want all the messages in a folder to be packed into one file, you can specify a number of messages or a range of messages with message numbers. The first message packed will become the current message. If you specify a +folder argument, that folder will become the current folder. When messages have been packed into a file using packf, you can separate them into individual messages using the burst command. See burst(1). PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory Msg-Protect: To set protections when creating a new file EXAMPLES
The first example shows all the messages in the folder +lrp being packed into a file called planning: % packf +lrp -file planning The next example shows how packf prompts you if you do not specify a -file option. A file called msgbox is created by packf in your home directory, and messages 3 to 5 are packed into it: % packf +lrp 3-5 Create file "/machine/disk/username/msgbox"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
burst(1) packf(1)