Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to write shell script for input file name format checking? Post 302456354 by Poonamol on Friday 24th of September 2010 03:06:05 AM
Old 09-24-2010
Hi,

Thanks for reply.
Here are values,
Code:
TYPE = GLOBAL/PARTIAL
TIMESTAMP = yyyymmddhhmmss (20100903040506)
EXT = CSV / zip / gz

Last edited by Scott; 09-24-2010 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding checking the file format

Hi, This with reference to my earlier thread. I have file called input that has 2 values. Now I have to check whether the 2 fileds are seperated by a "|" or not. I am not able to do this with the following script. while read line do first=`echo $line | cut -f1 -d'|'` ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script

Hi- I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1 cn=bob,cn=user,dc=com cn=kev,cn=user,dc=com cn=john,cn=user,dc=com I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :- dn: <dn> objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script or program to automatic execute and link input file data

Output file template format <input_file_name>a</input_file_name> <total_length_size>b</total_length_size> <log_10_length_size>c</log_10_length_size> Input_file_1 (eg. sample.txt) SDFSDGDGSFGRTREREYWW Parameter: a is equal to the input file name b is equal to the total length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

write shell script to rename file

hi, I need some help in writing shell script in a bourne shell.I am trying to rename the file.. eg. find /root/data -type f -name "text*) | while read FILES do newfile=${FILES/type_2.0_20101208_34.xml / tmp.xml} mv "$FILES" "$newfile" done above written script is working...If the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking users input to file

ok im sorta stuck on this, The user enters a car model and it has to check it in a text file in the current directory. If the car model is not in the file, user has to enter another model This is what i have so far read -p "Enter a car model: " car1 grep -w $car1=$(cat carMakes.txt)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write multiple lines to a file using shell script?

I need to create an xml using shell script, but i first want to know how can i write multiple lines to file using shell script? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell program with input

Hi, Here is my question: I want a shell script which I name as 'del', and can be used as del(string). when run del(string), it will delete several directories at different locations in my system,like: rm -fr /lustre/fs/scratch/user/$string rm -fr /home/user/$string rm -fr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1988PF
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
ZIPMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ZIPMERGE(1)

NAME
zipmerge - merge zip archives SYNOPSIS
zipmerge [-DhIiSsV] target-zip source-zip Op source-zip ... DESCRIPTION
zipmerge merges the source zip archives source-zip into the target zip archive target-zip. By default, files in the source zip archives overwrite existing files of the same name in the target zip archive. Supported options: -D Ignore directory components in file name comparisons. -h Display a short help message and exit. -I Ignore case in file name comparisons -i Ask before overwriting files. See also -s. -S Do not overwrite files that have the same size and CRC32 in both the source and target archives. -s When -i is given, do not before overwriting files that have the same size and CRC32. -V Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
zipmerge exits 0 on success and 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
zipcmp(1), ziptorrent(1), libzip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH June 4, 2008 ZIPMERGE(1)