Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question regarding strange FTP behaviour Post 302456223 by jeff_smith on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 04:12:27 PM
Old 09-23-2010
Weird

This sounds like a weird one. Does it happen every time you do a transfer or just with this particular file set?

One thing I have seen before is when firewalls block the data port for FTP. So all your commands work, but the minute you start a transfer it barfs. Although I seem to remember that when that happens you don't receive the "150 Opening data connection for transfer.", but my memory gets fuzzy sometimes. Thought I'd throw it out there

Last edited by jeff_smith; 09-23-2010 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: Needed to add more info

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/passwd strange behaviour!

Hi there, first of all, here is my conf of a uname -a Linux SAMBA 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown on a fedora machine. Here is my problem: every once in a while, the line containing root disappears in the /etc/passwd, disabling all logging on my server. Any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Program behaviour

Had a strange thing going on with my code. It's ok I figured it out for myself.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour with perl i/o?

Hi All, I got a strange problem here. I have a perl script which is fetching data from a database table and writing a file with that data. If i run that script from linux command line, the file it creates is a normal ascii text file without any binary character in it.But... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

Strange login behaviour

Hi all, I am using HP-UX and I have just noticed that when I log into the network it seems to save the previous windows that were subsequently closed on previous occasions. Does anyone know when I log in, it seems to display these previous windows, e.g. nedit windows open again? Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange RegExp Behaviour

Hello, I was trying to identify lines who has a word of the following pattern "xyyx" (where x, and ys are different characters). I was trying the following grep - egrep '(\S)()\2\1' This pattern do catches the wanted pattern, but it also catches "GGGG" or "CCCC" patterns. I was trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itskov
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Crontab strange behaviour

Hi all, I'm having this scenario which for the moment I cannot resolve. :( I wrote a script to make a dump/export of the oracle database. and then put this entry on crontab to be executed daily for example. The script is like below: cat /home/oracle/scripts/db_backup.sh #!/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
3 Replies
transfer::receiver(n)					     Data transfer facilities					     transfer::receiver(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
transfer::receiver - Data source SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require snit ?1.0? package require transfer::data::destination ?0.1? package require transfer::connect ?0.1? package require transfer::receiver ?0.1? transfer::receiver object ?options...? object destroy object start object busy _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package pulls data destinations and connection setup together into a combined object for the reception of information coming in over a socket. These objects understand all the options from objects created by the packages transfer::data::destination and transfer::connect. API
transfer::receiver object ?options...? This command creates and configures a new receiver object. The fully qualified name of the object command is returned as the result of the command. See the packages transfer::data::destination and transfer::connect for the main options recognized. Here we describe only the options which go beyond the referenced set. -command cmdprefix This option specifies the command to invoke when the transmission of the information in the data source has been completed. The arguments given to this command are the same as given to the completion callback of method receive, see package trans- fer::data::destination. object destroy This method destroys the object. Doing so while a reception is on progress will cause errors later on, when the reception completes and tries to access the now missing data structures of the destroyed object. object start This method initiates the data reception, setting up the connection first and then copying the received information into the desti- nation. The method will throw an error if a reception is already/still in progress. I.e. it is not possible to run two receptions in parallel, only in sequence. Errors will also be thrown if the configuration of the data destination is invalid, or if no completion callback was specified. The result returned by the method the same as the result of method connect, see package transfer::connect. object busy This method returns a boolean value telling us whether a reception is in progress (True), or not (False). BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category transfer of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
channel, copy, data destination, receiver, transfer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> transfer 0.1 transfer::receiver(n)