Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reset ALOM from OS
Operating Systems Solaris Reset ALOM from OS Post 302456021 by hummesdaar on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 04:16:30 AM
Old 09-23-2010
resetting the alom from the OS is not possible on a T2000. I've seen the issue you descripted a couple times and it looks related to the firmware version (6.7.4 or older). If you can take the system down without any issues, upgrading it to the current version (6.7.10) solves it (hopefully;-)) for the future.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

escape from alom

No, its not a movie, its a command to get you from the sc> ALOM prompt back to the console or ok prompt. You must log into the ALOM, then to jump back to the console enter "console -f". Problem is that this leaves you logged in on the ALOM. Question: is there an escape key sequence to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

T2000 ALOM reset to OBP

Every time I would try to send a break to my T2000 I would get this Debugging requested; hardware watchdog suspended. c)ontinue, s)ync, r)eset? I couldn't get into OBP. Here's what I found to do... sc> bootmode Bootmode: normal sc> bootmode reset_nvram sc> bootmode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediis
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Reset ALOM PASSWD in SUNFIRE V125

Hi, I have forgot the sc and console login password in sun v125 server, can anyone suggest me how to reset sc password in sun v125 server. Thanks Rjs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

5. Solaris

ALOM password reset

Hi , How to reset ALOM/SC password for Solaris box Sun Fire T-200 Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
5 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM - Console -

Hello forum, I have a SUN v250 at home that I have to practice Solaris. I currently have Solaris 9 installed and the ALOM Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.5.2. From the ALOM I want to access the console. sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. after that there is no response.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
19 Replies

7. Solaris

ALOM hang

Hi guys, I'm new with solaris. I just received sunfire T2000 server. Problem: ALOM keep hang/stuck/jammed. Steps do before it hang : 1. Connect to T2000 (using RJ45 - DB9 cable) 2. Open putty, connect via serial. 3. Power on the server. 4. Its loading. 5. then, hang. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasraf
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Alom

Hi, How to set ip address on eth0 for access ssh from ALOM? Is it possible? Now i cannot access it because don't have VGA. I keep try to access using ssh. Please guide me. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
16 Replies

9. Hardware

Alom ?

Hi all, I have some problems with the fan FT0.F0, which looks like has a problem with the PROM/ALOM ( I am nor sure who).....but, in fact, the fan is working properly even in other V440 Sparc Server. We checked HW comunication between Fan and the MotherBoard, and we think is a problem of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proof_enrique
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun v215 ALOM Reset

Hi all, I got a v215 but the login credentials are unknown. I plug the serial management RS232-RJ45 and get the output on the terminal. I reseted NVRAM and battery but I can't use the default login still. After these operations the output from boot is as such ; ALOM POST 1.0 Status =... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
21 Replies
uname_eoverflow(5)						File Formats Manual						uname_eoverflow(5)

NAME
uname_eoverflow - causes uname() system function to return [EOVERFLOW] if values do not fit in fields VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed Values DESCRIPTION
The tunable controls whether programs calling the non-expanded version of will be alerted to the fact that the values did not fit in their corresponding fields. When this tunable value is 0, the non-expanded version of will be silent about any truncation of returned values. When this tunable value is 1, the caller will be alerted to the truncation with a non-zero return value and set to Changing this tunable does not affect the current system values returned by In a future version of HP-UX, the function will return no data when (or other errors) are reported. See the uname(2) manpage for informa- tion on Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? The system administrator may change this tunable when it is necessary to change program behavior in respect to errors. Restrictions on Changing This tunable is dynamic. Changes are effective for all subsequent calls to the non-expanded version of When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? This tunable may be raised to 1 when applications need to be alerted to the error from What are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Raising the tunable value to 1 causes the non-expanded version of the system function to return a non-zero status and the error if any value cannot fit in its corresponding field of the non-expanded structure. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? This tunable should be lowered to 0 when it is necessary to allow applications to proceed with truncated values. This may be the case where the application aborts due to the error but will tolerate the truncated values; for example, because the values are not important to its operation. What are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Lowering the tunable value to 0 causes the non-expanded version of the system function silently truncate any values which do not fit in the non-expanded fields. It will not alert the caller with an error when such truncation occurs. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
Setting this tunable to 0 (off) means that applications will not be alerted to truncated values returned by the non-expanded system call. Applications using such truncated values may fail in a non-deterministic manner. As of the HP-UX 11i Version 3 initial release, only the node name value returned by may be truncated as no other fields returned by that function can take on values which exceed the non-expanded field sizes. However, later updates and releases may expand other values, and their corresponding non-expanded fields may also be truncated (or cause the error to be reported. Such expansions will be optional at the discretion of the system administrator. However, upgrading programs to use the expanded version of the system function will avoid future issues. For more information on usage see the whitepaper entitled All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
uname(2), expanded_node_host_names(5). whitepaper, available on Tunable Kernel Parameters uname_eoverflow(5)