Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "! bad user (root)" in cron log Post 302455869 by john1212 on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 03:16:42 PM
Old 09-22-2010
I don't known.
Don't worry.
You known what scipt start about 14:30.
check this script, if it is safe try do the scipt as root....

Last edited by john1212; 09-22-2010 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: add "if it is safe"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Creating a "semi" root user? Is it possible?

Hello All, I work as a system admin at a company of about 600 users on a HP-UX server. We have an IT department of about 15. My problem is that we give out the root password to the majority of them, they are phone support techs, as they need to get in to kill processes and setup users and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Setan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

sendmail "root... User address required." error

I'm running sendmail (8.13.8+Sun/8.13.8/Submit) solaris 10. When I send mail to root at the command line (whether I use a full-qualified address or just root), I get the error message root... User address required. Sending mail to root (either at the command line or in a cron job),... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to give non root user sudo to "crontab -l"

Does anyone know if this is possible? I want to give some users access to root's crontab but only with a read privilege. Is this possible to do or can only root or people with full root sudo view root's cron? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

error"warning: user owen does not exist - using root"?

I am trying to install openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm, after I typed in " rpm -i openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm" the following message comes out: warning: user owen does not exist - using root warning: group owen does not exist - using root I am install openmotif under root account. Do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishwater00
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

/var/log/messages error "kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen"

Hi, I am seeing the following errors in my environment, not sure why is it happening, any ideas? Thanks. kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x73746174 (non-terminal ) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x63480000 (large) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x633f0000 (large) Dec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarlinux
5 Replies

7. AIX

Change "root" to "root.admin" in outgoing e-mails

Our AIX servers send e-mails which have the "from" address set to "root@company.com" for our root user ("C{M}company.com" in /etc/sendmail.cf). The problem is that when bad e-mails are sent out or rejected by remote servers, they are being returned and delivered to e-mail box of "Mary Root". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Root running a script calling to scp using user "xyz" is not authenticating!

Close duplicate thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run root level command , if user has "su -" permission in sudoers provided?

I am looking t run root level command on multiple servers, but all servers have only "su - " permission available in sudoers. please help me if any way that I can run command using help of "su -" My script for hosts in `cat hosts.txt`; do echo "###########################Server Name-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
5 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD