Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute ssh commands through bash script Post 302455779 by idet2 on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 11:36:27 AM
Old 09-22-2010
Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

I was looking for a way to do it directly but apparenty there isn't one!

Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i get my script to execute multiple commands?

New to shell scripting. I can't get my script to execute multiple commands. Here's the code. It's a menu script. #!/bin/ksh clear print "SDE MENU" PS3="SDE MENU, enter choice:" select clean_menu in "tasdedev instance 5151" "orkindev instance 5155" "tasdetst instance 5157" "orkinsys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hvincent
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash commands to an 'ssh' within an ssh'

I've struggled to find a solution to this problem from searching so I thought I'd write a post to see what can be done. I'm attempting to connect and run commands on 'server2' but because of security limitations I cannot access it directly. I can however ssh into 'server1' and then into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcintosh.jamie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - to execute set of commands

Hi Can someone help me to figure out Want to execute few cmds in remote host thru ssh Tried below cmd -------------------------------excerpt------------------- RDIR=/data1/logs ---> variable stores rem. server directory TODAY="`date '+%b %d'`" ssh -i $userid@$host "cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: id100
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute commands from script in current bash session

I have a file as follows: cat /etc/mxg/ssh-hostsmx.example1.com.au:2225 mx2.example2.com.au:2225 mx.example3.com.au:2225 mail.example4.com.au:2225 mail.example5.org.au:2225 mail.example6.com.au:2225I want to dynamically create aliases for quick access to these servers from bash. I wrote... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

commands to execute unix script

commands to execute unix script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to multiple servers using SSH and execute commands

Requirement: Run a shell script with below inputs file name checksum path the script should go to multiple servers (around 35) and verify the input cksum and if there is a mismatch display a simple message to the user that cksum verification failed. host details, user id /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to execute a command remote servers using ssh

Hello, I am running into few issues, please suggest me what I am missing. I am running this script on a linux host. Main idea of this script is to, login to each host via ssh and get uid of user, service user that I trying to run this script, has already deployed ssh keys and provide sudo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh multiple hops to execute commands with arguments

Hi I need to write a script to ssh through several hops (e.g. HostA-HostB-HostC-HostD), where Host A does not have direct assess to HostC ; HostB cannot access HostD directly. when I ssh 3 hops and run command with arg1, arg2 and redirect the output to a file, e.g. HostA> ssh -t HostB ssh -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiensh
3 Replies
snmail,v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  snmail,v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snmail - mail-to-news filter SYNOPSIS
snmail [-sP] [listname [prefix]] DESCRIPTION
snmail reads a single email message on standard input, and writes the converted message to standard output. This output is suitable for feeding to snstore. snmail does these conversions: If the first line is a UUCP From_ line, it is silently discarded; a Newsgroups: line is added with the value of prefixlistname (prefix concatenated with listname), and other existing Newsgroups: lines are removed; and a Path: line is created from all Received: lines, which are removed; all header lines are unfolded; if no message ID exists, one is created; message IDs in all Refer- ences: lines and In-Reply-To: lines are collected into a single References: line; all lines are rewritten to end in CRLF; and a lone . on a line is written at the end of the message. snmail will accept and pass on messages with invalid header fields. snmail is meant to be run from a .forward or the /etc/aliases file (if you're using sendmail or similar) or from a .qmail file (if you're using qmail). snmail may write status or error messages to standard error. OPTIONS
-s Pipe output to snstore directly, do not write to standard output. This is so the exit status is not lost in a shell pipeline. If you use this flag, it is also a good idea to also use -c (tell snstore to check if article already exists). Other options snmail also accepts options intended for snstore, viz. -c, -v, and -n, and these are passed on uninterpreted. ARGUMENTS
prefix is the prefix of the newsgroup; if not specified, it defaults to local. (note the trailing .). prefix may not begin with a . (dot) but it may be empty. listname completes the newsgroup name; if not specified, it is the local part of the address in the Return-Path: line if it exists and isn't empty; otherwise it is the local part of the messages' first From:. So if the message originated from the list <linux-lem- mings@vger.rutgers.edu>, then the default newsgroup becomes local.linux-lemmings. listname may be empty if prefix isn't. You may want to have a file /var/spool/sn/prefixlistname/.nopost to deny posting from all and sundry, to prevent the mailing list newsgroup from being contaminated. prefix and listname may contain uppercase characters; these are converted to lower case. USAGE
There are two ways of forwarding mail to the sn news spool: directly from a user's mail address; or forwarded to a central address and then invoking snmail. The central concern here is permissions; while anyone can run snmail, not everyone may store mail in the spool. Mail setups vary a lot, so basically you're on your own here. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. PATH If -s was specified, determines where to look for snstore, before looking in /usr/sbin. EXIT STATUS
snmail exits 0 if the message was successfully converted and written, or if the message ID already exists in the ID database and the mes- sage was not stored or converted. snmail exits with 1 on usage error, 2 on operational error, 3 if the mail message wasn't in the proper format. N.B. Harold Tay snmail,v0.3.8(8)