Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logon/Logoff script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logon/Logoff script Post 302455416 by jimx on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 01:52:54 PM
Old 09-21-2010
I can not believe people at this forum think that the .edu is for student only. Speechless.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logoff idle user script

Will someone please share a script with me that will read in each line of the who -u output and if idle time is more than 50 min, execute a kill on the PID? This is what I have so far: who -u | cut -c 40-56 I am comfortable in the korn shell, but I can broaden my horizons if you've got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
4 Replies

2. AIX

umask setting on a logon script

hi, am new to AIX. i have an issue. iam asked to change the umask setting on a logon script on a server to prevent writable files. i logged in as the root user and typed in umask and it displays 022, which i believe is 755 for direc and 644 for files. 1) how to I identify where the logon script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logon script

Hi: I am wondering if anyone has a logon script to be put in /etc/profile or environments that will display the logged on username and path? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running a script during logoff

I know we can put whatever we need to run during login inside /etc/profile or .profile file. I want to run a set of commands before logoff. Where should I put my commands/scripts? Is such facility available? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX logon script/batch

Hi everyone, I am a newbies to Unix and hope someone can help me on: 1. Do anyone has batch file example that can be logon to a unix sever through telnet and exec a nohup command without typing in username and passward everytime ? 2. A java script exmaple for doing the same logon so it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oht
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to script to logon servers using id and password

Hey.. I am new in scripting.. I know a little bit of scripting.. I am facing some problem.. I need to create a script using which I may log on to a server (e.g. ftp) with ID and password.. thus copy a particular file to a local dir.. the commands required to do that I do know.. I am able to do it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razeeev
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logon profile kill script only partially working

I have been having an issue with the new motorola rf scan guns opening up too many sessions at once. It seems they will open a new connection for no reason, leaving the old one in the background and the user has no idea it is happening. To combat this, I have added the following code to the logon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Statement for Login/Logoff Script

I'm currently trying to write a login script. I have already written a logoff script that uses an if/else statement. #!/bin/bash TIMED=$(date +%H) if ' then echo Have a Great Day $USER else echo Have a Great Night $USER fi But I'd like to write one that give me the option of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbowers
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops after logoff...why??

Hi' i am runing a script thats run with a loop...while loop true. when i exit the server..logon and again the script doenst run. its a bash script test.sh. i run it as: #./test.sh & what can be the priblem please? thanks alot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find logon user based on executed script proc id

Hi, i have requirement to find logged in user based on process id. i have below scenario. 1. all my users will logon to unix box using ssh from windows system. 2. after successful logon they will sudo to common user. ex. sudo -su edadm lot of users are executing jobs from edadm user and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
2 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project