Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Disk performance problem on login Post 302455404 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 01:34:07 PM
Old 09-21-2010
If this is true for any user, then create a dummy user. Alter /etc/profile
to recognize that user only, t o set tracing on. You can at least detect where a hang, if any, occurs when you login as dummy.

It almost has to be software/shell script related, if it were hardware or filesystems then the problem would occur under other circumstances.

If that shows nothing then PAM is your next target for investigation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

optimizing disk performance

I have some questions regarding disk perfomance, and what I can do to make it just a little (or much :)) more faster. From what I've heard the first partitions will be faster than the later ones because tracks at the outer edges of a hard drive platter simply moves faster. But I've also read in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX System paramerter for Disk performance

Can I change any AIX System paramerter for speeding the data Disk performance? Currently it slows with writing operations. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogogo
1 Replies

3. AIX

disk performance

Hello, I have a aix 570 system with san disk. I do write test of performance in a lv with four disk. While the test I run filemon tools for trace the disk activity. The outputs of filemon are at the en of this message. I see my lV(logical volume) throughput at 100 meg by second. 2 of 4 disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hugues
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.2 5.3 disk performance exerciser tool

I'm search for a disk exerciser / load tool like iometer, iozone, diskx for IBM AIX 5.2 and 5.3 Because of a very bad disk performance on several AIX systems, I need to have a tool which is able to generate a disk load on my local and SAN disks. Does somebody knows a kind of tool which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funsje
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Linux disk performance

I am getting absolutely dreadful iowait stats on my disks when I am trying to install some applications. I have 2 physical disks on which I have created 2 separate logical volume groups and a logical volume in each. I have dumped some stats as below My dual core CPU is not being over utilised... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

7. Solaris

disk performance

What tools/utilities do you use to generate metrics on disk i/o throughput on Solaris. For example, if I want to see the i/o rate of random or sequential r/w. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Poor Disk performance on ZFS

Hello, we have a machine with Solaris Express 11, 2 LSI 9211 8i SAS 2 controllers (multipath to disks), multiport backplane, 16 Seagate Cheetah 15K RPM disks. Each disk has a sequential performance of 220/230 MB/s and in fact if I do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdsk/<diskID_1> bs=1024k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golemico
1 Replies

9. Linux

Disk Performance

I have a freshly installed Oracle Linux 7.1 ( akin to RHEL ) server. However after installing some Oracle software, I have noticed that my hard disk light is continually on and the system performance is slow. So I check out SAR and IOSTAT lab3:/root>iostat Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies
SITEPODS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      SITEPODS(1p)

NAME
sitepods - print out the paths to the modules that this site added DESCRIPTION
This program shows the paths to module pods that are in the site_perl directories. EXAMPLES
$ sitepods /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux/XML/Parser/Expat.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux/XML/Parser.pm You can also run this using alternate perl binaries, like so: $ oldperl -S sitepods .... SEE ALSO
faqpods(1), modpods(1), pods(1), podpath(1), and stdpod(1). AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 SITEPODS(1p)