Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed to remove a char from a specified sub-string Post 302455349 by cremat0rio on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 10:31:18 AM
Old 09-21-2010
Help needed to remove a char from a specified sub-string

Hi!

I'm having trouble usind sed to remove the char ' from within a database's varchar register's sql.
For example, on the following sql:
Code:
INSERT INTO patrimonio_municipal.patrimonio_municipal_airc_tmp 
Values('|Estação Elevatória|',|16723|,'|Grandes Reparações|',
     '|2010-03-26 00:00|',|13|,'|99|','|Outras infra-estruturas|',
    '|Imóveis urbanos, com finalidade operativa|','||','|Etar's e Estações Elevatórias|',
    '|Outras Infra-Estruturas|');

i want to remove the char ' (single quote) from within '|Etar's e Estações Elevatórias|'.
One sed regex to resolve this is:
Code:
 sed -e "s/'|\(.*\)'s\(.*\)|'/'|\1\2|'/g"

But it only functions if the character next to ' is s.
The idea is to remove the char ' (it would be even better to remove its multiple occurrences) from within the sequences '| and |'

Every help is very appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
David Pinheiro

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 09-21-2010 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: code tags please; chop width

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove new line char from a string

Hi Can anyone tell me how can i remove new line character from a string. My requirement is to read a line from a file and store it to a string. read line string1=$line read line string2=$line echo $string1$string2 The result i am getting in different line. i want the output in the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedivia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I remove the first char using AWK?

Hi everyone, suppose that I have the following line: #test your knowledge can I use AWK to print the word "test" only? without the #? what should I change to this: awk '{print $1}' thanks in advance guys (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove char after Colon

Hi guys, This is my input 2735:<7001> 34 789 701 2 2774:<7001> 34 789 701 2 How to delete characters after colon : Including colon : too ? My output should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help me to remove junk char

I wanted to remove junk char in my csv. :mad: Input file format: "17","9986782190","0","D","2" "17","9900918331","0","D","2" "13","9986782194","0","A","2" Output file format 9986782190 9900918331 9986782194 And one more thing all the time "13"," this will be different Ex: . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddartha
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace char between chars - help needed

Hello, I have a csv file with "^" as text delimiters and "|" as field delimiters. It's converted from a xls file. One record looks like this: ^Tablete Internet^|Archos|501838|^Tableta Internet ARCHOS 80 G9 ...| ... (more lines) ... "501|838"^|330.00|USD|sl|12|0|Link|^router wireless 150... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: go0ogl3
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to remove a special char using sed

consider this is my sample file format. in this i want to remove ^@ with space . please help me in this problm 7305,1310184890,0,0,12,201370,FCASTBHBR0 ,XX ,2,1,2,0,^@,1,1,0,3,1303862400,0,1577923199,1,10,FCASTOR SEED EX-BHABHAR ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu-lnx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the # char form a line?

Hi, my file has below details and I want remove the # char from only specific line. #TEST:00:START #TEST1:01:INPROCESS #TEST2:02:ABOUTTO #TEST3:03:COMP i.e if want remove the # from 2nd line then file to be updated as #TEST:00:START TEST1:01:INPROCESS #TEST2:02:ABOUTTO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandyrajh
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove char if not a number

I need to write a BASH script that takes a 2 character string and removes the second character if it is not a digit e.g. If the string is numberical value >9 e.g. string1 = '34' then leave string1 = '34'. However if the string is <10 e.g. string1 = '3X' then remove the second char (which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove double char occurences

I have a file with random characters where every time a char occurs twice, one occurrence must be removed. Eg. asjkdhaSSd Must become: asjkdhaSd Anybody has a SED script in mind to do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlopes
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a char before a pattern?

Hi I have a file where i want to remove a char before a specific pattern. exp: CREATE TABLE ( A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed )AS SELECT A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed FROM TABLE. So i want to delete the comma(,) after the C both ways.Pattern can be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
11 Replies
FBSQL_READ_BLOB(3)							 1							FBSQL_READ_BLOB(3)

fbsql_read_blob - Read a BLOB from the database

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_read_blob (string $blob_handle, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Reads BLOB data from the database. If a select statement contains BLOB and/or CLOB columns FrontBase will return the data directly when data is fetched. This default behav- ior can be changed with fbsql_set_lob_mode(3) so the fetch functions will return handles to BLOB and CLOB data. If a handle is fetched a user must call fbsql_read_blob(3) to get the actual BLOB data from the database. PARAMETERS
o $blob_handle - A BLOB handle, returned by fbsql_create_blob(3). o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the specified BLOB data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_read_blob(3) example <?php $link = fbsql_pconnect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", "secret") or die("Could not connect"); $sql = "SELECT BLOB_COLUMN FROM BLOB_TABLE;"; $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain the blob data for the first row fbsql_free_result($rs); $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); fbsql_set_lob_mode($rs, FBSQL_LOB_HANDLE); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain a handle to the BLOB data in the first row $blob_data = fbsql_read_blob($row_data[0]); fbsql_free_result($rs); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_create_blob(3), fbsql_read_clob(3), fbsql_set_lob_mode(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_READ_BLOB(3)