Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is Ruby?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is Ruby? Post 302455322 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 09:22:24 AM
Old 09-21-2010
Ruby is not a declarative language (think SQL and XSL) per se.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

how to ri-rdoc for Ruby on suse

Hello guys, This is suse SLES 9.2. I want to get ri working for all users on this system. I used gem rdoc --all --ri to generate documentation and it went on doing it successfully. Then I tried ri Array It shows following message : Nothing known about Array Therefore I ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the Ruby File

Hai any one pls guide me... We can extract the line number of the sub routine/function/method in a Ruby file using the ctags command. But I want to know the line number in which the sub routine is ending. Example: Say the function get_days_in_hash starts in the line number 20. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
2 Replies

3. Programming

Ubuntu ruby on rails

Hi, I am a php developer and I decided to learn ruby on rails. I have a few question. I have an ubuntu virtual machine with lamp. It mean that it has alrweady php and when I access the ip of the machine from my browser it does load the index.php. if I install ruby on rails will theere... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help installing Puppet and Ruby..

Hi, I am working on RHEL 5.6 server, this is in private DMZ. No access to internet. I have downloaded the files I need to install the Puppet & Ruby. My goal is to install Puppet. I have downloaded.... mcollective-2.2.3-1.el5.noarch- SERVER.rpm ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf with backreference in ruby

Hello everybody, May you help with this, I don't know what is wrong. I want trying to print the first 4 characters as decimal and remove the "k's" from the next 7 characters. I'm trying with gsub and backrefence as shown below trying to remove the "k's" and then trying to assign to "x" the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Ruby language

Hi All, Could you please suggest books for learning ruby and python language ? Thanks, Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   SQL::ReservedWords(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords - Reserved SQL words by ANSI/ISO SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved SQL word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by ANSI/ISO SQL standard. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either "SQL:1992", "SQL:1999" or "SQL:2003". is_reserved_by_sql1992( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by "SQL:1992". is_reserved_by_sql1999( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by "SQL:1999". is_reserved_by_sql2003( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by "SQL:2003". reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with SQL standards that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_sql1992 is_reserved_by_sql1999 is_reserved_by_sql2003 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords::DB2 SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL SQL::ReservedWords::ODBC SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle SQL::ReservedWords::PostgreSQL SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer ISO/IEC 9075:1992 Database languages -- SQL ISO/IEC 9075-2:1999 Database languages -- SQL -- Part 2: Foundation (SQL/Foundation) ISO/IEC 9075-2:2003 Database languages -- SQL -- Part 2: Foundation (SQL/Foundation) AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords(3pm)