Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep by range of date from file creation in directory Post 302455314 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 09:00:11 AM
Old 09-21-2010
Is the command fine?

the awk command take date from first line , take the uid from the Uid: line,then print with filename.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to select multiple files from archive directory based on the date range

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameters: $date1 & $date2 based on the range i need to select the archived files from the archived directory and moved them in to working directory. can u please help me in writing the code to select the multiple files based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - date & time range

Hi, I need to search email files by date & time range in email files. The timezone is not important. Can someone plz advise how i can do this ? For e.g A user can specify only A single date A date range date & time range Below is part of the email file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation date of a directory

what's the command to find the creation date of a certain dirctory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miss_dodi
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grep a range of time & date

how can i grep a range? i have a text file with the following text: result.log.00:2012/01/02 12:00:07.422 LOG STARTED HERE N6Kashya29MemoryShieldScheduler_AO_IMPLE, pid=8662/8658, config=(alertThreshold=10,alertLevel=0,killThreshold=7200,coreThreshold=0,full=1), deltaTime=0,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boaz733
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to move files from a directory which falls between Date Range?

Hi All, I am trying to to move files from a directory to another which falls from Current day - 7 days. The files are in zipped format with dates appended on it. Can you pls help me as this came as a immediate change before the production Release planned next week. Pls let me know if... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one directory to another based on creation/modification date

Hi All, Really stuck up with a requirement where I need to move a file (Lets say date_Employee.txt--the date will have different date values like 20120612/20120613 etc) from one directory to another based on creation/modification dates. While visiting couple of posts, i could see we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash directory loop and order by creation date?

Hello, how in bash i can get directory loop and order by creation date? THX! :) #!/bin/bash for folder in /home/test/* do if ; then echo $folder; fi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reason for no directory creation date

i read here that linux provides no way to determine when a directory was created. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/157874-creation-date-directory.htmlI have a directory /home/andy/scripts that had a README file in it. That file says I put the script in that directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
3 Replies
GPIV_UHISTO(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GPIV_UHISTO(1)

NAME
gpiv_uhisto - Tests PIV data by printing/displaying an histogram of the horizontal particle displacements. SYNOPSIS
gpiv_uhisto [-g] [-h | --help] [-n N] [-p | --print] [-v | --version] [filename] < stdin > stdout DESCRIPTION
Gpiv_uhisto calculates the histogram of the horizontal particle displacement distribution between minimum and maximum values. The parameters read from the configuration resources (containing the key VALID) may be overruled by the command line options, as explained below. Options -g Graphical visualization of the histogram with gnuplot. -h | --help On-line help -n N Override number of bins (default 10, hard coded). -p | --print Print parameters, command line options and eventually used input and output filenames to stdout. The output is identic of file- name.par, in case -f is used. -v | --version Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully. filename Input PIV file. Overrides stdin and stdout. Output will be written to filename.pdf. The parameters will be written or appended to filename.par and may be used for future use by including them in ./gpivrc. SEE ALSO
gpivtools NOTES
stdin and stdout has still to be implemented. [-f filename ] will be added. AUTHOR
Gerber Van der Graaf BUGS
The program seems to work fine with real PIV data. So far, no serious bugs have been found. 8 November 2006 GPIV_UHISTO(1)