Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is Ruby?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is Ruby? Post 302455297 by Neo on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 08:25:05 AM
Old 09-21-2010
So Ruby is a "declarative" programming language v. a "procedural" one?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

how to ri-rdoc for Ruby on suse

Hello guys, This is suse SLES 9.2. I want to get ri working for all users on this system. I used gem rdoc --all --ri to generate documentation and it went on doing it successfully. Then I tried ri Array It shows following message : Nothing known about Array Therefore I ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the Ruby File

Hai any one pls guide me... We can extract the line number of the sub routine/function/method in a Ruby file using the ctags command. But I want to know the line number in which the sub routine is ending. Example: Say the function get_days_in_hash starts in the line number 20. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
2 Replies

3. Programming

Ubuntu ruby on rails

Hi, I am a php developer and I decided to learn ruby on rails. I have a few question. I have an ubuntu virtual machine with lamp. It mean that it has alrweady php and when I access the ip of the machine from my browser it does load the index.php. if I install ruby on rails will theere... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help installing Puppet and Ruby..

Hi, I am working on RHEL 5.6 server, this is in private DMZ. No access to internet. I have downloaded the files I need to install the Puppet & Ruby. My goal is to install Puppet. I have downloaded.... mcollective-2.2.3-1.el5.noarch- SERVER.rpm ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf with backreference in ruby

Hello everybody, May you help with this, I don't know what is wrong. I want trying to print the first 4 characters as decimal and remove the "k's" from the next 7 characters. I'm trying with gsub and backrefence as shown below trying to remove the "k's" and then trying to assign to "x" the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Ruby language

Hi All, Could you please suggest books for learning ruby and python language ? Thanks, Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies
Mono(permview)															    Mono(permview)

NAME
permview - Viewer for declarative security permission sets inside assemblies. SYNOPSIS
permview [options] assembly DESCRIPTION
This tools allow to list the declarative security attributes present in an assembly. The security attributes are either found on the assem- bly level, on the classes and the methods. This tool is useful to diagnose why an assembly won't load or why some class/method throws Secu- rityException. OPTIONS
-output filename Output all declarative security attributes related informations into the specified file. -xml | --xml | /XML Output all declarative security attributes in an XML format. -decl | --decl | /DECL Show declarative security attributes on classes and methods. The default, without the -decl option, is to show only the assembly level permission sets. -? | /? | -h[elp] | /h[elp] Display help informations about the permview tool. EXAMPLES
permview mscorlib.dll This will show the minimum, optional and refused permissions sets (i.e. the assembly level security actions) that are compiled inside the mscorlib assembly. permview -decl permview.exe This will show all (assembly, class or method level) declarative security attributes present in the permview.exe assembly. AUTHOR
Written by Sebastien Pouliot COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2005 Novell, Inc (http://www.novell.com) MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit http://www.mono-project.com for details Mono(permview)