Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to filter out almost dupicate X Y (Easting Northing) coordinates? Post 302455062 by jim mcnamara on Monday 20th of September 2010 05:50:21 PM
Old 09-20-2010
Because I thought you were using lat longs (our GIS system does output data that way) not state plane coords. My bad.

---------- Post updated at 15:50 ---------- Previous update was at 15:04 ----------

Try this - the two files created are named: uniques, duplicates
Code:
 #!/bin/ksh
 > uniques
 > duplicates

awk '{ x=int( ($2/2.75) + 1.0000001 ) * 2.75
       y=int( ($3/2.75) + 1.0000001 ) * 2.75
        tmp=sprintf("%f|%f", x , y)
        print $0, tmp
        if(tmp in arr) {
          print $0 >> "duplicates"
        }
        else {
          print $0 >> "uniques"
          arr[tmp]++
        }
      } ' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing dupicate lines in the file ..(they are not continuous)

I have duplicates records in a file, but they are not consecutive. I want to remove the duplicates , using script. Can some one help me in writing a ksh script to implement this task. Ex file is like below. 1234 5689 4556 1234 4444 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Defining X and Y Coordinates Inside A Window

Hello, I am starting up an Xnest window and trying to place a program inside of it. I have the window inside of it now but it always spawns with the top left corner at (0, 0). I need to find a way to set the x and y coordinates to something other than (0, 0). I tried using the -geometry option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesnaubr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating distance between two LAT long coordinates

hi, i have a pair of latitude and longitude and i want to calculate the distance between these two points. In vbscript i achieved in the following way...Now i want to implement this in unix shell scripting.... <% Dim lat1, lon1, lat2, lon2 const pi = 3.14159265358979323846 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for particular tag and arrange as coordinates

Hi I have a file whose sample contents are shown here, 1.2.3.4->2.4.2.4 a(10) b(20) c(30) 1.2.3.4->2.9.2.4 a(10) c(20) 2.3.4.3->3.6.3.2 b(40) d(50) c(20) 2.3.4.3->3.9.0.2 a(40) e(50) c(20) 1.2.3.4->3.4.2.4 a(10) c(30) 6.2.3.4->2.4.2.5 c(10) . . . . Here I need to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKD
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

place cursor in specific coordinates

Hi, I have this problem on how to place the cursor in a text editor (for example: pico). I made this script that would attach comments to a script file then open the script file, I would like to know how to place the cursor in a specific place, for example at the end of the comments, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lechelle
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determination n points between two coordinates

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how to determine points between two coardinates. For example: Which type of command line gives me 50 points between (8, -5, 7) and (2, 6, 9) points Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differential substring removal using coordinates

Hello all, this might be better suited for a bioinformatics forum, but I thought I'd try my luck here as well. I have several tabular text files of DNA sequence reads that appear as such: File_1.txt >H01BA45XW GATTACAGATTCGACATCCAACTGAGGCATT >H02BG78WR CCTTACAGACTGGGCATGAATATTGCATACC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectorborne5
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a segment based on coordinates

Hi, I would like to have the length of a segment based on coordinates of its parts. Example input file: chr11 genes_good3.gtf aggregate_gene 1 100 gene1 chr11 genes_good3.gtf exonic_part 1 60 chr11 genes_good3.gtf exonic_part 70 100 chr11 genes_good3.gtf aggregate_gene 200 1000 gene2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overlapped genomic coordinates

Hi, I would like to know how can I get the ID of a feature if its genomic coordinates overlap the coordinates of another file. Example: Get the 4th column (ID) of this file1: chr1 10 100 gene1 chr2 3000 5000 gene2 chr3 200 1500 gene3 if it overlaps with a feature in this file2: chr2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fadista
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with processing coordinates in a file.

I have a variation table (variation.txt) which is a very big file. The first column in the chromosome number and the second column is the position of the variation. I have a second file annotation.txt which has a list of 37,000 genes (1st column), their chromosome number(2nd column), their start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies
GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)							 1						       GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)

get_defined_vars - Returns an array of all defined variables

SYNOPSIS
array get_defined_vars (void ) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a multidimensional array containing a list of all defined variables, be them environment, server or user-defined variables, within the scope that get_defined_vars(3) is called. RETURN VALUES
A multidimensional array with all the variables. EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_defined_vars(3) Example <?php $b = array(1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8); $arr = get_defined_vars(); // print $b print_r($arr["b"]); /* print path to the PHP interpreter (if used as a CGI) * e.g. /usr/local/bin/php */ echo $arr["_"]; // print the command-line parameters if any print_r($arr["argv"]); // print all the server vars print_r($arr["_SERVER"]); // print all the available keys for the arrays of variables print_r(array_keys(get_defined_vars())); ?> SEE ALSO
isset(3), get_defined_functions(3), get_defined_constants(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)