Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use LOOP in Unix Script? Post 302455003 by 116@434 on Monday 20th of September 2010 01:56:25 PM
Old 09-20-2010
Any ideas of a client tool you are using in the box to connect to the database. If, then please give the exact command with arguments. I can try based on that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with UNIX while loop...

Hi all. I am trying to execute a while loop that reads a log file containing a file listing, and it compares file sizes, etc. But I am getting an error that makes it seem like it is not reading the log file line by line. When I do a 'more' on the log file, it doesn't appear to be wrapped... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerard1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop in unix

hi, can any one suggest why the program 2 is not working. only difference is for ab in *.txt for ab in a_DATA.txt b_DATA.txt c_DATA.txt ------------------------------------ Program :1 (working fine) #!/bin/ksh for ab in a_DATA.txt b_DATA.txt c_DATA.txt suf="_" echo "old->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to loop over Directory and send Filesname as parameters

Hi there I'm new to UNIX scripting; I’m stuck with the following I have an Oracle SQL script that takes three parameters 1- File Name 2- File Path 3- File creation date Under UNIX I have a folder where files will be placed frequently and I need to upload those files to Oracle, what I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windjashi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop in Unix

This is the content of a file work.log 1 TGBUS I-US 0;15;83 i did this for i in `cat work.log` do echo $i done I wanted the out put to be 1 TGBUS I-US 0;15;83 But the output appears as 1 TGBUS I-US 0;15;83 For Loop treats space as a delimiter. Can i overrride this space as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop use while loop in csh script?

Hi all, i got 2 text file. file.txt value.txt i want use C shell script to write out while both of the file got different limit....how i going to write it in 1 while loop? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with unix for loop

Hi, I have a command that I want to translate to Unix. I mostly work with Windows and because of that I am stuck on a part. What I cannot find on the internet is skipping the first lines in a for loop and using a certain word/token. (I know how to do a normal loop with output) I need to skip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flappy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop in unix script

Hi all, I have a script which searches for all sql files in the current directory and replaces all sql files with an underscore with a dash. The next part I need to do is record the number of changes made (underscore to dash) and display this value (e.g.2). This is what I have so far; find /... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawi
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script - cut specified line and perform loop

Guys, I have a requirement as below. consider,if i use df command, its getting the below output. file system kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/sample/ 45765 40000 5765 50% / /dev/filesys/ 30000 20000 1000 80% /u .... .... Now i wanted to cut the /u... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX for loop

Guys, Please help me on the below.. sample.prm /u/test/: mail=123@gmail.com purgedays=30 zipdays=7 purgefile=log.gz zipfile=log /u/test/: mail=123@gmail.com purgedays=30 purgefile=txt.gz zipfile=txt zipdays=7 (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script for loop issue

Guys, Please help on the below. sample.prm /u/test/: mail=123@gmail.com purgedays=30 zipdays=7 purgefile=log.gz zipfile=log /u/test/: mail=123@gmail.com purgedays=30 purgefile=txt.gz zipfile=txt zipdays=7 (1 Reply)
1 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)