Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to open a saved file and modify the content Post 302454941 by sriki32 on Monday 20th of September 2010 10:38:00 AM
Old 09-20-2010
Script to open a saved file and modify the content

I am looking for a script where I need to open a file and modify the data like changing the parameters.Can anyone help me?

open a file software.rsp . It already contains following data.
parameter = false
threads=100
user= demf

The above should be changed to
paramter=true
thread= 133
user = deefs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to permanently modify the open files

hi all, any ideas how we can permanently modify the open files? bash-2.03$ ulimit -a core file size (blocks) 0 data seg size (kbytes) unlimited file size (blocks) unlimited open files 256 <--------------- pipe size (512 bytes) 10 stack size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify a file using shell script

Hi, i am using SuonOS and ksh. i need to add data into a file(s.txt) using a shell script. i have to pass 3 parameters and these 3 paramaters should add into the file at end of the file. File s.txt is look like, --------------------------------- column1|column2|column3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syamkp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify a file of different username through script.

Hi ! All I want to write a script where, it will open a new shell with a username / pwd and modify a file of same username and exit. example: 1. UserA 2. UserB- FileB ScriptA -> su UserB -> Modify FileB -> Exit ScriptA Can somebody give me a direction , on how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to modify the contents of file using script

Hi, Can anyone pls let me know how can i modify the file contents thru script. Eg. I have file abc.dat that contains below lines Merge.resync.cycleFlag Merge.resync.logFlag Merge.resync.maxByteRate Merge.resync.maxSearch Merge.resync.rate Merge.resync.tickLog ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Not getting Saved

Hi , Script File Is Not Getting Saved This Are The Steps I Am Following For Saving And Executing A Script 1). vi ( To Open Vi Editor ) 2). vi filename ( vi firstprog.ksh) #!bin\kash date 3) !wq :( Saving And Quit) When I Am Saving The Scrpit I Am Getting The Below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify the test file by any script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0 12 3 6... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Modify a file content in UNIX and sort for only required fields ?

I have the below contents in a file after making the below curl call curl ... | grep -E "state|Rno" | paste -sd',\n' | grep "Disconnected" > test "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "5554f1d2" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "10587563" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav H
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
timeslice(5)							File Formats Manual						      timeslice(5)

NAME
timeslice - scheduling interval in clock ticks per second VALUES
Failsafe Where defines the number of clock ticks per second for which the system is configured. Default Where is equal to Allowed values Any value in the range of is allowed. A value of indicates no timeslice based scheduling preemption, and threads will continue to run until they voluntarily switch out or higher priority threads preempt them. Recommended values Use the default value in normal cases. In special cases where quicker round robin scheduling is required, a value of may be used. How- ever, a change in value may have a direct impact on system performance. Customers must evaluate performance impact in their workload envi- ronment before changing the value on production systems. DESCRIPTION
The tunable defines the scheduling time interval that a thread may execute on a processor before the kernel scheduler will context switch out the thread for other same priority threads to run. When a thread starts executing on a processor, the thread is set up to run for the number of ticks in the tunable. On every clock interrupt that a thread is found executing, the time quantum balance for the thread is decremented, and when the balance reaches zero, the thread is context switched out. The value controls one method of user preemption that the operating system implements. A larger value will reduce preemption of running threads; however, there are other reasons for user preemption of threads, and the tunable has no control there. A change in the value may have direct impact on system throughput and response times. A very small value may result in too many context switches, and a very large value may result in the starvation of runnable threads. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? Since the tunable is globally applicable to all threads (except in the system, irrespective of their scheduling policies and priorities. Any increase in value of this tunable will give equal time quantum boost to all threads. If the system has too many context switches due to preemptions, caused by higher priority threads, you can raise the value to provide more time for lower priority threads to execute when they get scheduled, because higher priority threads will preempt the lower priority threads when they become runnable. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Raising the value of the tunable may cause starvation of some threads, as they have to wait longer for their turn to execute. This may cause performance throughput issues. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? The tunable value should be lowered if better turnaround in response time is required at the cost of additional context switches. When the system does not have too many compute intensive applications, threads will block and preempt much more frequently without utilizing their complete time quantum. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? The lowering of the tunable will result in many more context switches which will increase the time spent in SYSTEM space and less time spent in USER space. Also, the applications that are compute intensive will suffer performance degradation. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters timeslice(5)