Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with script changing dates Post 302454906 by bbraml on Monday 20th of September 2010 08:05:26 AM
Old 09-20-2010
This is what I had. I have to search a log file before the date changes, then it needs to repeat the task. (see below)

Code:
echo
  echo "3 day Account Mgmt Summary"
  echo

echo -n "What is the month? Enter 2-digit format [MM]: "
  read MM

echo - "What is the starting day? Enter 2-digit format [DD]: "
  read DD

echo 2010-$MM-$DD
  grep Change /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l > change.out
  grep Password /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l > PW.out
  grep Create /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l > CR.out

let DD++

grep Change /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l >> change.out
  grep Password /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l >> PW.out
  grep Create /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l >> CR.out

let DD++
  grep Change /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l >> change.out
  grep Password /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l >> PW.out
  grep Create /var/www/html/admin/uadmin/2010-$MM-$DD* wc -l >> CR.out

#Sum of schanges
  value=0
  while read var
  do
  value=`expr $value + $var`
  done < change.out
  echo
  echo "Total changes for range:"
  echo $value
  rm change.out

#Sum of Passwords
  value=0
  while read var
  do
  done < PW.out
  echo
  echo "Total passwords for range:"
  echo $value
  rm PW.out

#Sum of creations
  value=0
  while read var
  do
  done < CR.out
  echo
  echo "Total account creations for range:"
  echo $value
  rm CR.out

Last edited by Scott; 09-22-2010 at 04:12 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

computing go/no-go dates in script

I am working on a bash script to backup selected servers and am trying to come up with a simpler solution to this problem: Each server to be backed up has a config file that is read by the script, in the config file are the following values: LEVEL0=12 #this is the day of the month on which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the dates in shell script

Hi How to compare created or modified date of two files help needed thanks Vajiramani :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaji
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script with dates to gzip and remove

Good morning all! I am new to programming and trying to learn; please be patient. I am wanting to write a script that takes the current date and gzip 5 days or older, then remove 10 days or older. This is the directory I want to work in; this is what it looks like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference of 2 dates in shell script

Hi., After retrieving values from DB I have two datestamps in format: 12/01/2010:05:40:00 AM and 12/01/2010:06:00:00 PM. general time format: MM/DD/YYYY:HH:MM:SS AM or PM Any quick solution to get the difference of two in the format : 1 day(s) 12:20:00 Thanks., (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing dates in a csv file

Hello, Is there a script template out there that will assist me on creating a script to search for dates with "2011" and change it to "2012" in an excel spreadsheet. I am in Ksh :confused: Thank you, Bryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrutalBryan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a log file and run 2nd script if the dates match

# cat /tmp/checkdate.log SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing dates in shell script

Hi All, I have a date variable say dt="2014-01-06 07:18:38" Now i need to use this variable to search a log and get the entries which occured after that time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with Dates

Hi from Uruguay. Im having a problem with a scripts using dates, this is the problem: I have a folder for each day, like : 20160711 for yesterday, 20160712 for today, and i want to mv to a backup folder the folders who exceed the year of antiquity (365 days from today) and that script execute... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michipoput
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run the script based on dates

I am having below script which needs to be executed based on start and end date #!/bin/bash array=('2016-09-27' '2016-10-27' '2016-11-27' '2016-12-27' '2017-01-27' '2017-02-27' '2017-03-27' '2017-04-27' '2017-05-27' '2017-06-27' '2017-07-27' '2017-08-27' '2017-09-27' ) for i in "${array}" do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)