Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: concat 3 files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting concat 3 files Post 302454894 by kanakaraju on Monday 20th of September 2010 07:51:56 AM
Old 09-20-2010
Yes worked.
Thanks

---------- Post updated at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:50 AM ----------

sed 's/.*/A.& <> B.& or/; $s/or$/;/'

using above sed in my script.

i have file report3.txt with content

more report3.txt

--------------------
AAAA
BBBB
CCCC
XXXX
YYYY
ZZZZ

26 record(s) selected.

when i use our sed command now the results is displazing 2 more lines in the begining and 1 more line extra in the bottom.Its reading the lines which are not required how to format that file ?

A. <> B. or
A. <> B. or
A.-------------------- <> B.-------------------- or
A.AAA <> B.AAA or
A.ZZZ <> B.ZZZ or
A. <> B. or
A. 26 record(s) selected. <> B. 26 record(s) selected. or
A. <> B. ;

I don't want the lines in red colour should be display in my output .any suggessions how to discard those line while printing?

kanakaraju

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concat date

How do I concat a date to a filename eg; filename: jjjrtup to become jjjrtup29052002 mv jjjrtup jjjrtup ? date what should ? be (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drukkie
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat

HI all, How to concat two strings in Shell scrpits suppose x=a y=b i want to display it as ab How to do it ? Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat fields

hi I have a file, I need to concatenate depening on the no of columns i need to concatenate. for example i need to concatenate field1,filed34,field2( no of columns is not always 3, it can be any number of fields) concat.ksh field1 field34 field2 how to achieve this, is there any argv ,argc... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat strings

Hello, I have a list of tablespaces in oracle and I want to concatenate 'drop tablespace' on the left of each line and 'INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES' on the right of each line. Any idea how to do that? many thanks. PS: I tried to use excel and copy/paste it to vi. But I noticed many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat 6 files in 1 file ( maybe use AWK?)

hi, I have the following problem: - 6 different files that have one key in common. - this six files must be aggregated in one output file sorted by the key. - the main file has to be writen twice, one in the beggining of the new output file and another in the end, for each key. - add one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naoseionome
3 Replies

6. Web Development

Concat of two html files

By launching two SQL scripts I get two html files report_1.html and report_2.html with different background and text colors (white/blue for the former and silver/black for the latter) but if I try to concat the two html by using the CAT function on UNIX Server where Oracle is installed (cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark1970
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat

Hi All, My Input file contains: Input.txt Name|Marks ABC|10 GHI|10 JKL|20 MNO|20 PQR|30 Output.txt MARKS|NAME 10|ABC,GHI 20|JKL,MNO 30|PQR Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat required

Hi Folks The below is code is giving me value 30. cal | sed '/^$/d' | tail -1 | awk '{printf $NF-1}' Actually the text is like below. echo "you should reply on 30-Jan-2013 evening EST. Here how should i con-cat above logic in that text? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat name

Hi, I need help to combine the first 7 character of firstname if it is longer than 7and combine with the first character of lastname. ex: username lastname => usernaml user lastname => userl Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concat data

All, I have 2 files A and B with some data. Now i want to concat data from both the files in to 3rd file.Please help me with a single command line. A--123456789 B--jlsjdfkajsjas output file C should be 123456789,jlsjdfkajsjas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)