Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare data and columns script Post 302454862 by felipe.vinturin on Monday 20th of September 2010 06:39:37 AM
Old 09-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanakaraju
#!/usr/bash
Maybe because your path to the interpreter is wrong!

One of the following commands will help you find the correct path in your system:
Code:
# which bash
/bin/bash
# whereis bash
bash: /bin/bash /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare semicolon seperated data in 2 files using shell script

hello members, I have some data ( seperated by semicolon ) with close to 240 rows in a text file temp1. temp2.txt stores 204 rows of data ( seperated by semicolon ). I want to : Sort the data in both files by field1.i.e first data field in every row. compare the data in both files and print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to compare data from file using shell script to c++ program

hello ....i am new in shell script..I have one shell script which read inputs from file...and second is c++ pgm..i call my script from c++ programm..to compare file values to c++ pgm value.. our shell script is shubhi.sh #! /bin/sh while read line do echo -e"$line" done<file1 this script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

How to compare two columns and fetch the common data with additional column

Dear All, I am new to this forum and please ignore my little knowledge :p I have two types of data (a subset is given below) data version 1: 439798 2 1 451209 1 2 508696 2 1 555760 2 1 582757 1 2 582889 1 2 691827... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare two columns and retrieve data

I am a newbie to Unix and slowly learning it. I have a large data set with 8 different columns. I want to compare two columns and retrieve data if the two columns have similar number. I have attached the example. There are two columns (S-Contig and N-Contig). I want to retrieve the data from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorngill
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compare two columns in a file

Dear everyone, I need any sort of shell script or perl script would do the following. I have a txt file as follows: ;Stretnumber Resident Resdient (not in file) 16 John Mary 16 Mary Parker 16 Nancy Smith 16 Mary John 18 Trey ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasharma
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk based script to find the median of all individual columns in a data file

Hi All, I have some data like below. Step1,Param1,Param2,Param3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,5 2,4,5,6 3,0,1,2 3,0,0,0 3,2,1,3 ........ so on Where I need to find the median(arithmetic) of each column from Param1...to..Param3 for each set of Step1 values. (Sort each specific column, if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to find the average of all the columns in a data file

Hi All, I need the modification for the below mentioned code (found in one more post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/27161-script-generate-average-values.html) to find the average values for all the columns(but for a specific rows) and print the averages side by side. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto compare the columns of 2 diff tables of 2 different schemas in UNIX shell script

HI All, I am new to Unix shell scripts.. Could you please post the unix shell script for for the below request., There are two different tables(sample1, sample2) in different schemas(s_schema1, s_schema2). Unix shell script to compare the columns of two different tables of two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajkumar Gopal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)