Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Identify date of file backed up used FBACKUP cmd? Post 302454695 by Bhoed on Sunday 19th of September 2010 09:30:21 PM
Old 09-19-2010
How to Identify date of file backed up used FBACKUP cmd?

Dear UNIX Experts,
I'm a newbie. My name is Budi.
I need some help from any body in this forum.

How do we identify the backed up date of file in the Back up tape ?
I did the back up using FBACKUP cmd.

I tried to googling it, but unfortunately no aimed solution that I got. Smilie
I've tried following cmds, but I could get the date that I want.

#LOG/exports> /usr/sbin/frecover -Norv -f /dev/rmt/0mnb
-rw-r--r-- oracle oinstall test_entire.dmp.Z

#/LOG/exports> /usr/sbin/frecover -f /dev/rmt/0mnb -x -N -v
-rw-r--r-- oracle oinstall test_entire.dmp.Z

Pls help, Thanks in advanced

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix Backed up with Windows NT?

We are running a Windows NT environment and have a stand alone Unix box. Is there software that would allow this Unix machine to be backed up along with our routine Windows NT backups? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Money
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

fbackup endind with wraning how to check on a script fbackup is good

Hi, I am writing a script that is doing a fbackup during the night and before it shutdown the database then run the fbackup then at the end before restarted the data base, I would like to check the status that the fbackup is fine but I always have warning (about socket: fbackup(1102): WARNING:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with Date cmd

Hi all, When i execute the below command its giving an error "date: Bad conversion" date \"+DATE %m/%d/%Y HEURE %H:%M:%S\" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date cmd

Hi all, date +%d/%m/%Y This is the command that displays current date(18/09/2008). Now, is there a way that would give me yesterdays date..? or tomorrows date n things like that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help recovering a backed up file

Hello, By accident I erased a file at work and I need to restore it from a backup tape. My manager says I will have to use the mt command with the fsf option to look through the tape but I am confuzed. I did a restore -t to get a listing of the tape. This is taking a long time. If I sound... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want date in format eg:Nov 12 using date cmd

I want date in format eg: using cmd date then it show Dec 05 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

date with find cmd

Hi for today i have 10 files, in that i need search some values how can i write a find cmd with perticular date thanks SAIC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saic
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

fbackup redirection to a file.

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
5 Replies

9. AIX

Yesterday's date without changing anything and in one cmd line ?

I have seen references in the forum about getting yesterday's date but it is either by changing something in the system (date, time zone, ...) or with more then one line of script cmds. How can I get yesterday's date without changing anything in the system and in one single command line ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies
device_maps(4)                                                     File Formats                                                     device_maps(4)

NAME
device_maps - device_maps file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/device_maps DESCRIPTION
The device_maps file contains access control information about each physical device. Each device is represented by a one line entry of the form: device-name : device-type : device-list : where device-name This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the physical device. This field contains no embedded white space or non- printable characters. device-type This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the generic device type. This field identifies and groups together devices of like type. This field contains no embedded white space or non-printable characters. device-list This is a list of the device special files associated with the physical device. This field contains valid device special file path names separated by white space. The device_maps file is an ASCII file that resides in the /etc/security directory. Lines in device_maps can end with a `' to continue an entry on the next line. Comments may also be included. A `#' makes a comment of all further text until the next NEWLINE not immediately preceded by a `'. Leading and trailing blanks are allowed in any of the fields. The device_maps file must be created by the system administrator before device allocation is enabled. This file is owned by root, with a group of sys, and a mode of 0644. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample device_maps file # scsi tape st1: rmt: /dev/rst21 /dev/nrst21 /dev/rst5 /dev/nrst5 /dev/rst13 /dev/nrst13 /dev/rst29 /dev/nrst29 /dev/rmt/1l /dev/rmt/1m /dev/rmt/1 /dev/rmt/1h /dev/rmt/1u /dev/rmt/1ln /dev/rmt/1mn /dev/rmt/1n /dev/rmt/1hn /dev/rmt/1un /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/1bn: FILES
/etc/security/device_maps SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), deallocate(1), dminfo(1M), list_devices(1) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 16 Jan 2001 device_maps(4)