Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing / with a space using awk Post 302454671 by alister on Sunday 19th of September 2010 05:33:31 PM
Old 09-19-2010
Code:
tr / ' '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing single space in argument

I want to write a script which will check the arguments and if there is a single space(if 2 more more space in a row , then do not touch), replace it with _ and then gather the argument so, program will be ran ./programname hi hello hi usa now hello hello so, inside of program,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing URL in a file with space

Hi, I have a file with a URL text written in it within double quotes e.g. "http://abcd.xyz.com/mno/somefile.dtd" I want the above text to get replaced by a single space character. I tried cat File1.txt | sed -e 's/("http)*(dtd")/ /g' > File2.txt But it didnt work out. Can someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing space with pipe(delimiter)

Hello All, I have a file with thousands of records: eg: |000222|123456987|||||||AARONSON| JOHN P|||PRIMARY |P |000111|567894521|||||||ATHENS| WILLIAM k|||AAAA|L Expected: |000222|123456987|||||||AARONSON| JOHN |P|||PRIMARY |P |000111|567894521|||||||ATHENS| WILLIAM |k|||AAAA|L I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSD
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing underscore with white space after comma.

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help.. I've used this forum a couple of times and I am back again now i've moved onto something more complex (for me!) I have some data which looks like: "AL1_1,AL1_1," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AE,AL1_1AE," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AG,AL1_1AG," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AJ,AL1_1AJ,"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing all space seperates with tabs

hi, I have a file that is space separated at all columns. Basically what I want to do is replace all the space separations with column separations. Thanks kylle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kylle345
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed help on replacing space before and after *

I would like to replace the value of * (which might have one or more whitespace(s) before and after *) using sed command in aix. Eg: Var='Hi I am there * Desired output: Hi I am there* (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing space replacing by comma

hi i want to replace spaces by comma my file is ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204802 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204803 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204804 ADD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a string with a space

I'm trying to replace a string "99999999'" with the blank where ever is there in the file. Could you please help in unix scripting. Thank You. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing trailing space with single quote

Platform : RHEL 5.8 I want to end each line of this file with a single quote. $ cat hello.txt blueskies minnie mickey gravity snoopyAt VI editor's command mode, I have used the following command to replace the last character with a single quote. ~ ~ ~ :%s/$/'/gNow, the lines in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing space with hyphen in a pattern.

I have a huge text file, about 52 GB. In the file, there are patterns like these: ] ] ] ]One can see that there is text within patterns such as and ], and I am only interested in ]. There is text before and after all these patterns too, for example, ''Anarchism''' is a ] that advocates ]... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies
OHCOUNT(1)							   User Commands							OHCOUNT(1)

NAME
ohcount - manual page for ohcount 3.0.0 SYNOPSIS
ohcount [option] [paths...] DESCRIPTION
Ohloh source code line counter command line tool. http://www.ohloh.net/ [option] can be one of the following: -a, --annotate -d, --detect -h, --help -i, --individual -l, --license -re -s, --summary -a, --annotate Show annotated source code The contents of all source code files found within the given paths will be emitted to stdout. Each line will be prefixed with a tab-delimited language name and semantic categorization (code, comment, or blank). -d, --detect Find source code files Recursively find all source code files within the given paths. For each source code file found, the file name will be emitted to stdout prefixed with a tab-delimited language name. -h, --help Display this message -i, --individual Count lines of code per file Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language per file. -l, --license Displays detected licensing information contained in each source code file. -re Prints raw entity information to the screen (mainly for debugging). -s, --summary Count lines of code (default) Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the total number of lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language. This is the default action. [paths] can refer to any number of individual files or directories. Directories will be probed recursively. If no path is given, the current directory will be used. ohcount 3.0.0 September 2011 OHCOUNT(1)