Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to filter out almost dupicate X Y (Easting Northing) coordinates? Post 302454621 by rdcwayx on Sunday 19th of September 2010 09:31:37 AM
Old 09-19-2010
paste your sample record here, and tell us which records belong to "nearly dupicates"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing dupicate lines in the file ..(they are not continuous)

I have duplicates records in a file, but they are not consecutive. I want to remove the duplicates , using script. Can some one help me in writing a ksh script to implement this task. Ex file is like below. 1234 5689 4556 1234 4444 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Defining X and Y Coordinates Inside A Window

Hello, I am starting up an Xnest window and trying to place a program inside of it. I have the window inside of it now but it always spawns with the top left corner at (0, 0). I need to find a way to set the x and y coordinates to something other than (0, 0). I tried using the -geometry option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesnaubr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating distance between two LAT long coordinates

hi, i have a pair of latitude and longitude and i want to calculate the distance between these two points. In vbscript i achieved in the following way...Now i want to implement this in unix shell scripting.... <% Dim lat1, lon1, lat2, lon2 const pi = 3.14159265358979323846 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for particular tag and arrange as coordinates

Hi I have a file whose sample contents are shown here, 1.2.3.4->2.4.2.4 a(10) b(20) c(30) 1.2.3.4->2.9.2.4 a(10) c(20) 2.3.4.3->3.6.3.2 b(40) d(50) c(20) 2.3.4.3->3.9.0.2 a(40) e(50) c(20) 1.2.3.4->3.4.2.4 a(10) c(30) 6.2.3.4->2.4.2.5 c(10) . . . . Here I need to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKD
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

place cursor in specific coordinates

Hi, I have this problem on how to place the cursor in a text editor (for example: pico). I made this script that would attach comments to a script file then open the script file, I would like to know how to place the cursor in a specific place, for example at the end of the comments, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lechelle
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determination n points between two coordinates

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how to determine points between two coardinates. For example: Which type of command line gives me 50 points between (8, -5, 7) and (2, 6, 9) points Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differential substring removal using coordinates

Hello all, this might be better suited for a bioinformatics forum, but I thought I'd try my luck here as well. I have several tabular text files of DNA sequence reads that appear as such: File_1.txt >H01BA45XW GATTACAGATTCGACATCCAACTGAGGCATT >H02BG78WR CCTTACAGACTGGGCATGAATATTGCATACC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectorborne5
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a segment based on coordinates

Hi, I would like to have the length of a segment based on coordinates of its parts. Example input file: chr11 genes_good3.gtf aggregate_gene 1 100 gene1 chr11 genes_good3.gtf exonic_part 1 60 chr11 genes_good3.gtf exonic_part 70 100 chr11 genes_good3.gtf aggregate_gene 200 1000 gene2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overlapped genomic coordinates

Hi, I would like to know how can I get the ID of a feature if its genomic coordinates overlap the coordinates of another file. Example: Get the 4th column (ID) of this file1: chr1 10 100 gene1 chr2 3000 5000 gene2 chr3 200 1500 gene3 if it overlaps with a feature in this file2: chr2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fadista
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with processing coordinates in a file.

I have a variation table (variation.txt) which is a very big file. The first column in the chromosome number and the second column is the position of the variation. I have a second file annotation.txt which has a list of 37,000 genes (1st column), their chromosome number(2nd column), their start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies
gdal_translate(1)					      General Commands Manual						 gdal_translate(1)

NAME
gdal_translate - gdal_translate converts raster data between different formats SYNOPSIS
gdal_translate [--help-general] [-ot {Byte/Int16/UInt16/UInt32/Int32/Float32/Float64/ CInt16/CInt32/CFloat32/CFloat64}] [-strict] [-of format] [-b band] [-mask band] [-expand {gray|rgb|rgba}] [-outsize xsize[%] ysize[%]] [-unscale] [-scale [src_min src_max [dst_min dst_max]]] [-srcwin xoff yoff xsize ysize] [-projwin ulx uly lrx lry] [-a_srs srs_def] [-a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry] [-a_nodata value] [-gcp pixel line easting northing [elevation]]* [-mo "META-TAG=VALUE"]* [-q] [-sds] [-co "NAME=VALUE"]* [-stats] src_dataset dst_dataset DESCRIPTION
The gdal_translate utility can be used to convert raster data between different formats, potentially performing some operations like subsettings, resampling, and rescaling pixels in the process. -ot: type For the output bands to be of the indicated data type. -strict: Do'nt be forgiving of mismatches and lost data when translating to the output format. -of format: Select the output format. The default is GeoTIFF (GTiff). Use the short format name. -b band: Select an input band band for output. Bands are numbered from 1. Multiple -b switches may be used to select a set of input bands to write to the output file, or to reorder bands. Starting with GDAL 1.8.0, band can also be set to 'mask,1' (or just 'mask') to mean the mask band of the 1st band of the input dataset. -mask band: (GDAL >= 1.8.0) Select an input band band to create output dataset mask band. Bands are numbered from 1. band can be set to 'none' to avoid copying the global mask of the input dataset if it exists. Otherwise it is copied by default ('auto'), unless the mask is an alpha channel, or if it is explicitely used to ben a regular band of the output dataset ('-b mask'). band can also be set to 'mask,1' (or just 'mask') to mean the mask band of the 1st band of the input dataset. -expand gray|rgb|rgba: (From GDAL 1.6.0) To expose a dataset with 1 band with a color table as a dataset with 3 (RGB) or 4 (RGBA) bands. Usefull for output drivers such as JPEG, JPEG2000, MrSID, ECW that don't support color indexed datasets. The 'gray' value (from GDAL 1.7.0) enables to expand a dataset with a color table that only contains gray levels to a gray indexed dataset. -outsize xsize[%] ysize[%]: Set the size of the output file. Outsize is in pixels and lines unless '' is attached in which case it is as a fraction of the input image size. -scale [src_min src_max [dst_min dst_max]]: Rescale the input pixels values from the range src_min to src_max to the range dst_min to dst_max. If omitted the output range is 0 to 255. If omitted the input range is automatically computed from the source data. -unscale: Apply the scale/offset metadata for the bands to convert scaled values to unscaled values. It is also often necessary to reset the output datatype with the -ot switch. -srcwin xoff yoff xsize ysize: Selects a subwindow from the source image for copying based on pixel/line location. -projwin ulx uly lrx lry: Selects a subwindow from the source image for copying (like -srcwin) but with the corners given in georeferenced coordinates. -a_srs srs_def: Override the projection for the output file. The srs_def may be any of the usual GDAL/OGR forms, complete WKT, PROJ.4, EPSG:n or a file containing the WKT. -a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry: Assign/override the georeferenced bounds of the output file. This assigns georeferenced bounds to the output file, ignoring what would have been derived from the source file. -a_nodata value: Assign a specified nodata value to output bands. Starting with GDAL 1.8.0, can be set to none to avoid setting a nodata value to the output file if one exists for the source file -mo 'META-TAG=VALUE': Passes a metadata key and value to set on the output dataset if possible. -co 'NAME=VALUE': Passes a creation option to the output format driver. Multiple -co options may be listed. See format specific documentation for legal creation options for each format. -gcp pixel line easting northing elevation: Add the indicated ground control point to the output dataset. This option may be provided multiple times to provide a set of GCPs. -q: Suppress progress monitor and other non-error output. -sds: Copy all subdatasets of this file to individual output files. Use with formats like HDF or OGDI that have subdatasets. -stats: (GDAL >= 1.8.0) Force (re)computation of statistics. src_dataset: The source dataset name. It can be either file name, URL of data source or subdataset name for multi-dataset files. dst_dataset: The destination file name. EXAMPLE
gdal_translate -of GTiff -co "TILED=YES" utm.tif utm_tiled.tif Starting with GDAL 1.8.0, to create a JPEG-compressed TIFF with internal mask from a RGBA dataset : gdal_translate rgba.tif withmask.tif -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -mask 4 -co COMPRESS=JPEG -co PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR --config GDAL_TIFF_INTERNAL_MASK YES Starting with GDAL 1.8.0, to create a RGBA dataset from a RGB dataset with a mask : gdal_translate withmask.tif rgba.tif -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -b mask AUTHORS
Frank Warmerdam warmerdam@pobox.com, Silke Reimer silke@intevation.de GDAL
Tue Sep 18 2012 gdal_translate(1)