Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to sum specific field when pattern matches Post 302454594 by rdcwayx on Sunday 19th of September 2010 02:55:30 AM
Old 09-19-2010
Code:
awk '/UOWWAIT/ {if ($4 != "SAPR3" )  {wait+=$6}  else {nowait+=$6} } END { print wait "_" nowait }' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count pattern matches

i have an awk statement which i am using to count the number of occurences of the number ,5, in the file: awk '/,5,/ {count++}' TRY.txt | awk 'END { printf(" Total parts: %d",count)}' i know there is a total of 10 matches..what is wrong here? thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line if first Field matches a pattern

Hi All, I would like my code to be able to print out the whole line if 1st field has a dot in the number. Sample input and expected output given below. My AWK code is below but it can;t work, can any expert help me ? Thanks in advance. {if ($1 ~ /*\.*/) { print $0 }} Input: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying lines of a file where the second field matches a pattern

Howdy. I know this is most likely possible using sed or awk or grep, most likely a combination of them together, but how would one go about running a grep like command on a file where you only try to match your pattern to the second field in a line, space delimited? Example: You are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the first field if the second field matches the pattern using Perl

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl command to print the first field when the second field matches the given pattern: perl -lane 'open F, "< myfile"; for $i (<F>) {chomp $i; if ($F =~ /patt$/) {my $f = (split(" ", $i)); print "$f";}} close F' dummy_file I know I can achieve the same with the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking the sum of a column when specific pattern is found

Hi Am trying to sum up a file # cat /Out maths 2 0.0 english 2091 0.2 history -1 0.0 physics 18 0.0 -------------------------------------- maths ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with range but matches pattern

To match range, the command is: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/' but what I want is the range is printed only if there is additional pattern that matches in the range itself? maybe like this: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/ if only in that range there is /pattern/' Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output specific matches in file

Using the attached file, the below awk command results in the output below: I can not seem to produce the desired results and need some expert help. Thank you :). awk -F'' ' { id += $4 value += $5 occur++ } END{ printf "%-8s%8s%8s%8s\n", "Gene", "Targets", "Average Depth", "Average... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines in file if specific field matches

I am trying to remove lines in the target.txt file if $5 before the - in that file matches sorted_list. I have tried grep and awk. Thank you :). grep grep -v -F -f targets.bed sort_list grep -vFf sort_list targets awk awk -F, ' > FILENAME == ARGV {to_remove=1; next} > ! ($5 in... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine matches and use a field to adjust coordinates in other fields

Trying to output a result that uses the data from file to combine and subtract specific lines. If $4 matches in each line then the last $6 value is added to $2 and that becomes the new$3. Each matching line in combined into one with $1 then the original $2 then the new$3 then $5. For the cases... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
sum(n)							     Cyclic Redundancy Checks							    sum(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
sum - Calculate a sum(1) compatible checksum SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require sum ?1.1.0? ::crc::sum ?-bsd | -sysv? ?-format fmt? ?-chunksize size? [ -filename file | -channel chan | string ] _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the sum(1) command which calculates a 16 bit checksum value from the input data. The BSD sum algorithm is used by default but the SysV algorithm is also available. COMMANDS
::crc::sum ?-bsd | -sysv? ?-format fmt? ?-chunksize size? [ -filename file | -channel chan | string ] The command takes string data or a file name or a channel and returns a checksum value calculated using the sum(1) algorithm. The result is formatted using the format(n) specifier provided or as an unsigned integer (%u) by default. OPTIONS
-sysv The SysV algorithm is fairly naive. The byte values are summed and any overflow is discarded. The lowest 16 bits are returned as the checksum. Input with the same content but different ordering will give the same result. -bsd This algorithm is similar to the SysV version but includes a bit rotation step which provides a dependency on the order of the data values. -filename name Return a checksum for the file contents instead of for parameter data. -channel chan Return a checksum for the contents of the specified channel. The channel must be open for reading and should be configured for binary translation. The channel will no be closed on completion. -chunksize size Set the block size used when reading data from either files or channels. This value defaults to 4096. -format string Return the checksum using an alternative format template. EXAMPLES
% crc::sum "Hello, World!" 37287 % crc::sum -format 0x%X "Hello, World!" 0x91A7 % crc::sum -file sum.tcl 13392 AUTHORS
Pat Thoyts BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category crc of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
cksum(n), crc32(n), sum(1) KEYWORDS
checksum, cksum, crc, crc32, cyclic redundancy check, data integrity, security, sum CATEGORY
Hashes, checksums, and encryption COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts <patthoyts@users.sourceforge.net> crc 1.1.0 sum(n)