Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML to CSV specific
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML to CSV specific Post 302454536 by mohan705 on Saturday 18th of September 2010 09:27:59 PM
Old 09-18-2010
Hi
Thanks for your reply,How this XSLT stylesheet will transform below XML into CSV:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="01"?>
<!DOCTYPE SYSTEM "mart.dtd">
<POWERMART CREATION_DATE="09/19/2009 09:16:24" REPOSITORY_VERSION="9.88">
<REPOSITORY NAME="SEV" VERSION="179" CODEPAGE="Latin1" DATABASETYPE="Oracle">
<FOLDER NAME="xx" GROUP="" OWNER="xx1" SHARED="NOTSHARED" DESCRIPTION="" PERMISSIONS="rwx------" UUID="f2708d6c02d4">
    <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Oracle" DBDNAME ="DB2" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="TARSAN_NEW_REF_DATA" OBJECTVERSION ="1" OWNERNAME ="DEV" VERSIONNUMBER ="1">
   <SOURCEFIELD BUSINESSNAME ="" DATATYPE ="date" DESCRIPTION ="" FIELDNUMBER ="1" FIELDPROPERTY ="0" FIELDTYPE ="ELEMITEM" HIDDEN ="NO" KEYTYPE ="NOT A KEY" LENGTH ="19" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="BUSINESS_DATE" NULLABLE ="NULL" OCCURS ="0" OFFSET ="0" PHYSICALLENGTH ="19" PHYSICALOFFSET ="0" PICTURETEXT ="" PRECISION ="19" SCALE ="0" USAGE_FLAGS =""/>
    </SOURCE>
</FOLDER>
</REPOSITORY>
</MART>

Regards,
MR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to convert XML to CSV

Apologies if this has already been covered in this site somewhere, I did try looking but without any success. I am new to the whole XML thing, very late starter, and have a requirement to convert an XML fiule to a CSV fomat. I am crrently working on a Solaris OS. Does anyone have any suggestions,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossingi_33
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV to XML

Iam pretty new to UNIX and would like to convert a CSV to an XML file using AWK scripts. Can anybody suggest a solution? My CSV file looks something like this : Serial No Growth% Annual % Commission % Unemployed % 1 35% 29% 59% 42% 2 61% ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjanakir
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV processing to XML

Hi, i am really fresh with shell scripting and programming, i have an issue i am not able to solve to populate data on my server for Cisco IP phones. I have CSV file within the following format: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel2008
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting specific XML file to CSV

Hi, i would convert the following XML file : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <files xmlns="http://www.lotus.com/dxl/console"> <filedata notesversion="6" odsversion="43" logged="yes" backup="no" id="C12577E6:004B0DA3" iid="C12577E6:004B0DA8" link="1" dboptions="0,524288,0,0"> ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
24 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert huge .xml file in .csv with specific column.

I have huge xml file in server and i want to convert it to .csv with specific column ... i have search in blog but i didn't get any usefully command. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV

I want to pharse below Xml Using Shell Scripting . Thanks in Advance <md> <neid> <neun>1523</neun> <nedn>XXX1212</nedn> <nesw>fffff12515</nesw> </neid> <mi> <mts>20141128001500</mts> <gp>550</gp> <mt>pmct1</mt> <mt>pmNo2</mt> <mt>pmNo3S</mt> <mv> <moid>Ma=1,Rn=1,Ul=311C</moid>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xml to csv

Hello, Does anyone know of a way to convert an .xml file (ONIX) to something more workable, like a .csv (or even .xls) file? Ideally something on the command line would be ideal, but not absolutely necessary. I would be dealing with .xml files of 125 MB+. I am using XQuartz in El Capitan. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Xml to csv (again)

Hello, I have copied .xml code for a single item below. I am trying to extract three items (field indices*b244 (second occurrence), b203, and j151), so the desired output would be: 9780323013543 Manual of Natural Veterinary Medicine: Science and Tradition, 1e 68.95 A parallel solution,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
14 Replies
XSLT-PARSER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    XSLT-PARSER(1)

NAME
xslt-parser - XSLT transformations SYNOPSIS
xslt-parser [options] <project> DESCRIPTION
xslt-parser performs stylesheet transformations. When given a project name, it appends `.xsl' for the XSLT stylesheet and `.xml' for the XML file to apply the stylesheet to and performs the transformation using the XML::XSLT perl module. OPTIONS
-c Pass through HTML::Clean. You must have HTML::Clean installed. -d Turns debugging on. This can produce a lot of noise. -n NoWeb. You can use xslt-parser as a CGI script. With this option, it will not output the headers that are usually needed. -s <file> Specify a seperate different stylesheet. Usually, xslt-parser will simply append `.xsl' to the project name to get the stylesheet. A different stylesheet can be specified using this option. AUTHORS
Geert Josten <gjosten@sci.kun.nl>, Mark A. Hershberger <mah@everybody.org> SEE ALSO
XML::XSLT The w3.org XSLT recommendation at <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt> POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 48: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.12.1 2001-03-01 XSLT-PARSER(1)