Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with KSH script using scalar variable Post 302454442 by rdcwayx on Saturday 18th of September 2010 08:45:40 AM
Old 09-18-2010
First, cat is useless.

Second, back to the nawk command, if you need set CLASS as var, then just set it.

Code:
for class in 2 7 14 15 30 39
do
  work1=`nawk -v d=$date1 -v c=$class '$2==c&&$3==1&&$4<d{print $4}' file.txt > ${OUT}/report.txt`
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable to SQLPLUS in a ksh script?

Hi, I am writing a ksh script which will use sqlplus to run a sql and pass 2 variables as the SQL request. In the ksh script, I have 2 variables which are $min_snap and $max_snap holding 2 different numbers. Inside the same script, I am using SQLPLUS to run an Oracle SQL script,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwunwla
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scalar variable in backquoted string

hi I've been searching all over the internet to simply do the following: $tempfile = "/usr/school/tempfile.dat"; $myvar = param('add'); ###add is the variable assigned to a popup menu `ls -l $myvar * >> $tempfile` ###I also tried `ls -l ${myvar}* >>$tempfile` open(ADDLIST,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi9
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scalar variable assignment in perl + { operator

When reading over some perl code in a software document, I came across an assignment statement like this $PATH = ${PROJECT}/......./.... In this particular form of scalar variable assignment, what does the curly braces operators do ? Also, what is the benefit in doing scalar assignment this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is a variable behaving differently in ksh script.

Guys i have strange behaviour with command output being saved in a variable instead of a tmp file. 1. I suck command output into a variable Sample command output # cleanstats DRIVE INFO: ---------- Drv Type Mount Time Frequency Last Cleaned Comment *** ****... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lavascript
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script eval(?) to set variable

first of all, thanks to all on this board, it has been a huge resource to answer most of my questions! I am stuck on something that should really be simple, and was looking for some help.. I am using KSH on solaris and working on a script to move containers from server to server. Where i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tksol
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variable from ksh script doesn't work

Hi there, in a script I have #!/usr/bin/ksh TEST=hello export TEST Problem is, that the variable doesn't get exported. I also tried typeset -x TEST=hello When I put the two lines in my .profile, the variable is set fine. Whats could be the problem here? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_symbiosis
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh help assigning specific values to variable in script

Hi - Help needed. I have an input file that looks something like this, but with a lot more entries: A Customer1 B 4500 C 8000 A Customer2 B 6422 C 8922 I need to be able to print details for each customer on one line per customer. ie. if I could print these to a file and then cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem reading into Variable using KSH

hi all, i create 1 file.txt and inside it contain : file1 file2 file3 file 4 then output that i want in my script: $1=file1 $2=file2 $3=file3 $4=file4 but,when write in ksh script with: while read folder set - $( echo ${folder} ) i=1 while (($i <= $#)) do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a variable in a while loop (.ksh script)

Hello Everyone, I'm still trying to grasp many concepts in .ksh scripting, one of them being variables inside loops. My problem is the following: * I'm trying to set a variable inside a while read loop to reuse it outside of said loop. My lines are the following :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy75_13
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script trying to pass a variable to edit a file

I'm trying to create a ksh script that will ask the user for the port number. $PORT1 is the variable I want to use that will contain whatever numbers the user inputs. The script would edit ports.txt file, search and delete "./serv 110.1.0.1.$PORT1 200;=3" . So if the user types 50243 then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)