Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers TAR question (probably a very simple answer) Post 302454348 by chatguy on Friday 17th of September 2010 05:20:17 PM
Old 09-17-2010
MySQL

Hm, looks like you're right about wildcards. Will list out the files in the script. That will work. Thanks!
cg

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question that need an answer Plz

I'm with FreeBSD 4.6.2, and i would like to know how to install this ports : ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/net/kmerlin There's no .tgz so i can't do the pkg_add command. Can you please help me??? Thank You. :) Erythro73 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple TAR question

Unix is great at giving you power were you need it, but what a pain in the rump when you just want to do such a simple thing like file management. I'm going back to Windows, crashing is frustrating, needing to spend 30 min just to zip a file up is crazy. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stupid question but please answer

How do i save a script in unix. do i just type something like #!/bin/sh # This is a comment! echo Hello World #This is also a comment Then just go to save as and save it or what? just kinda confused me as i was reading different things and playing around (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically answer a question raised by a command

i have installed vmware on a text base linux node now i have to vmware-configure.pl to do the initial configuration now 1st step it askes for agreeing for a " License Agreement" for that i have to say "q" and "yes" to Accept it i want to run a script with does these 3 steps... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, i need an answer to this question!!

Hello!! I need some help about a question... It was asked in exams 3 years ago in Greece and nobody is certain abou the answer. Others say that the right answer is b and others say c. I found this forum and i saw that you know a lot of things about UNIX so i hope that some of you will help me.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evoula_vou
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris JumpStarting?... Simple Yes/No Question... Unless the answer's 'No'

I'm reading through this guide, BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Solaris JumpStart With the Solaris 10 OS for x86/x64 Platforms, and I was wondering if there was more to the bash scripts than just the example given (see above link) like for begin1 and begin2 and finish1 and finish2. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
RECEIVE(1)						      General Commands Manual							RECEIVE(1)

NAME
receive - receive files from the sendfile spool SYNOPSIS
receive [ -d ] [ -r ] [ -k ] [ -P ] [ -S ] [ -Z spool ] [ -q ] [ -ffrom ] file [...] receive -n [ -d ] [ -r ] [ -k ] [ -P ] [ -S ] [ -Z spool ] [ -q ] file-number [...] receive [ -s ] [ -l ] [ -L ] [ -R ] [ -ffrom ] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] [ -f"from" ] file [...] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] [ -f"from" ] -n file-number [...] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] -a DESCRIPTION
receive files from the sendfile spool which has been sent to you. If there is already a file with the same name you will be prompted for overwriting or renaming. Allowed wildcards in file names are: * ? [abc] [^abc] CAUTION: you have to put wildcards and other special characters in '' quotes to hide them for interpretation by your shell. OPTIONS
-n receive file number(s) -d delete instead of receive -a receive (or delete or bounce) all files -r rename before receiving -k keep files in spool after receiving -P pipe files to stdout -S receive only pgp-signed files -s list files in short format -l list files -L list files and look inside archives, too -R renumber files in spool -b bounce (forward) files to another recipient -q quiet mode: no questions asked -fuser all actions refer only to files from this user -Z spool specify an alternate spool directory EXAMPLES
receive -L list all files in long format. receive 'blubb*' receive all files starting with string "blubb". receive -daf microsoft.com delete all files from microsoft.com sites. receive -b framstag@bofh '*.jpg' bounce all *.jpg-files to framstag@bofh. FILES
/var/spool/sendfile The sendfile spool directory. /var/spool/sendfile/$USER/log A log of the last transfers. /etc/sendfile.deny Users which are not allowed to receive files or messages (set by root). SEE ALSO
sendfile(1). AUTHOR
Ulli Horlacher - framstag@rus.uni-stuttgart.de 3rd Berkeley Distribution RECEIVE(1)