Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting m4 adds extra space at top of file. Post 302454334 by john1212 on Friday 17th of September 2010 04:12:23 PM
Old 09-17-2010
Code:
define(`START_SCRIPT',`#!/bin/bash
#####################################
# File: $1
# Auth: $2
# Desc:
#
# TODO:
# BUGS:
# RCS: $Id$
#####################################
')dnl 
START_SCRIPT()dnl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space used greater than allocated using top

Hi there, When I run top on my machine it says I have 497M swap space in use, and 380M swap space free, but I have only allocated 512M swap space to the machine!!!! Does anyone know how swap used is calculated in the top command? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chorgan
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to find the top 6 users (which consume most space)?

Hi everybody, I want to know if there is any posibility to find out - on an AIX system - which are the the users who consume most space or at least a posibility to obtain a list with all the users and how much space are they consuming ? Trying to use du command was useless. Any idea?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RebelDac
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check top 5 biggest disk space users

Hi all, I am needing a bash shell script to generate a list of the top 5 users using the most disk space. I am thinking that the du command would be used somehow but I am at a loss. Can anyone help? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytemx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extra space issue with awk

for diskname in $(lspv |awk '{print $1}') do lquerypv -h /dev/|awk '/'$diskname'/ { print ; exit }' done No output is returning from the loop. I think awk put an extra space to the command - lquerypv -h /dev/ so that the command is executed as i.e. lquerypv -h /dev/ hdisk230 with a space... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Which gives the correct swap space top/vmstat ?

last pid: 29502; load avg: 21.8, 20.7, 20.4; up 8+08:49:09 763 processes: 589 sleeping, 9 running, 160 zombie, 5 on cpu CPU states: 0.0% idle, 28.2% user, 71.8% kernel, 0.0% iowait, 0.0% swap Memory: 32G phys mem, 2042M free mem, 8198M total swap, 8020M free swap kthr ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell now adds extra space at end of each line!

Hi, Since today, with csh or tcsh, if I do 'ls files* > list', every lines end with an extra space! What happenned? What can I do to go back when there was no extra space? If I change to bash, there's no extra space. Thanks, Patrick ---------- Post updated at 03:19 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trogne
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#Spool/Query executing with extra space.

Hello, I have a requirement where i have to spool some data to a file. i have achived the desired target but m facing one issue. i have attached the script and the output. i checked the data length in the table but it is only 45 for column 1. can you tell me how to remove these extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space usage by top 5 users in a filesystem

I want to see top 5 users,who have occupied most amount of disk space in a filesystem. But not sure how to do it. I can get the usage for a particular user find . -user user -type f exec df -h {} \;|awk '{ s = s+$1 } END { print "Total used: ",s }' But how to get without specifying any user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rka
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra Space in output - remove

Hi All I am trying to perform the below operation -count=`cat abc.txt | wc -l` echo$count 5 Head=Start"$DATE"00000"$count"File echo $HEAD START15020300000 5File There is a space coming before 5 which is not needed . How to ignore that . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-12-27 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)