Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Nagios monitoring for switches. Post 302454322 by uxadmin007 on Friday 17th of September 2010 03:20:50 PM
Old 09-17-2010
Nagios monitoring for switches.

Hi, I have configured check_snmp plugin and using the plugin i am able to monitor the uptime of the switch.

But the following fails

[root@linux01 objects]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.10.10.1 -C ready -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB
SNMP CRITICAL - *down(2)* |
[root@linux01 objects]#

Any suggestions ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar switches!!!

Hi, If i want to write my data on several tapes, (more than one tape), what switch(s) i need to use with tar. In other word if my data needs the sapce more than one tape & i don't wanna to compress or ... my data. so is it possible to write up to the end of the tape & it asks to put another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Nagios on Solaris for Network and Server Monitoring

Nagios is a free, open source enterprise-class network and server monitoring system that can benefit your IT infrastructure. Bill Bradford describes how to install and set up Nagios on a Solaris 10 system. For this example Bill uses Solaris 10 update 6 running in 32-bit mode on a VMware virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios monitoring question

All, Looking for a nagios plugin which can do the monitoring of a file which has a value and alert if the value in the file goes more than 100 or so. Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo switches

Hello All, I am writing an shell script but abruptly its not able to recognize switches in echo statement. #!/bin/bash top -n 1 -b>ankit host=`hostname` time=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d " " -f3` load=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d "," -f4|cut -d ":" -f2` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

freeBSD CPU monitoring using nagios

Hi all, I am not being able to monitor CPU of freeBSD machine from my CentOS server. I have used check_aix_cpu but always gives garbage value, seems wrong in scripting. i want to monitor CPU usage of my freeBSD machine from my centOS server. I am able to monitor many services of that machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsuwal
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring VMWare servers with Nagios?

Hello, What would be the best way to monitor a vmware server through a Draytek firewall using Nagios? I'm quite new to nagios and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I have been trying to monitor my Windows 2003 server using nagios, I am not having much luck. I tried to use this guide:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jethro
2 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies

8. AIX

Is nagios monitoring tool supported on AIX 7.1 ?

Hi, is any one using nagios monitoring solution on AIX ? if yes, is it supported on AIX 7.1 TL 03 as well ? I tried to search online and unix.com , could not find it. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
5 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios exchane DB monitoring

Hello All, I have urgent requirement to monitor Exchange Database (TESTDB) disk space and it is under Disk3 partition. Currently installed NSClient++ in Exchange server. We have Nagios Xi installed in another server. Can you let me know what are configuration files that I need to modify. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsivavani
0 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to monitoring windows process using nagios CheckProcState?

Hello, I am trying to get correct syntax to monitoring process running on windows server using CheckProcState. when i am trying below command whether notepad.exe running or not. its showing process running. Could you please provide me correct syantx. /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies
APPHBD(8)						  System administration utilitie						 APPHBD(8)

NAME
apphbd - Application Heartbeat Monitor for High-Availability Linux SYNOPSIS
apphbd [-srkdh] [-c file] DESCRIPTION
Warning apphbd is deprecated; its use is strongly discouraged. The functionality provided by apphbd has been replaced by resource-level monitoring in Pacemaker. /usr/lib/heartbeat/apphbd is a basic application heartbeat monitor daemon for Linux-HA. A group of Application Heartbeat APIs are defined for this heartbeat monitoring service. Applications may register with the daemon in order to be monitored. If an application fails to send a heartbeat within the specified interval, the daemon will log an event. apphbd may use a watchdog timer to monitor itself. apphbd extends its functionality by using plugins. A plugin, recmgr notifies the recovery manager daemon if certain events occur (e.g. an application fails to heartbeat). The Recovery Manager daemon (/usr/lib/heartbeat/recoverymgrd) receives notification from the recmgr plugin, then it tries to execute recovery scripts as configured. See the recoverymgrd default configuration file, recoverymgrd.conf for details. recoverymgrd registers itself with apphbd as a client application. apphbd should be started first with the recmgr plugin loaded. Then, recoverymgrd should be configured and started OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Show the status of apphbd, running or stopped. -k Stop (kill) the daemon. -r Restart the daemon. apphbd will reload its configuration file when restarted. -d level Set the debug level. -h Show a brief usage message. -c file Set an alternate configuration file. The default configuration file is ./apphbd.cf. For details on the file format and supported options, refer to the example apphbd.cf file found in the documentation directory. FILES
o /var/run/apphbd.pid - default PID file o apphbd.cf - Default configuration file for apphbd. apphbd searches the file in its working directory. o recoverymgrd.conf - default configuration file for recoverymgrd. recoverymgrd searches the file in its working directory. An alternative configuration file may be specified on the command line. o /usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/AppHBNotification - directory containing plugins for apphbd. SEE ALSO
heartbeat(8) AUTHORS
Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh> apphbd Andrea Brugger <andrea.l.brugger@intel.com> man page Florian Haas <florian.haas@linbit.com> man page Heartbeat 3.0.5 November 26, 2009 APPHBD(8)