Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting m4 adds extra space at top of file. Post 302454313 by Bubnoff on Friday 17th of September 2010 02:53:21 PM
Old 09-17-2010
Thanks, I think I'm getting close -- down to one blank line.

I found references to this idiosyncrasy online.

Bub

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space used greater than allocated using top

Hi there, When I run top on my machine it says I have 497M swap space in use, and 380M swap space free, but I have only allocated 512M swap space to the machine!!!! Does anyone know how swap used is calculated in the top command? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chorgan
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to find the top 6 users (which consume most space)?

Hi everybody, I want to know if there is any posibility to find out - on an AIX system - which are the the users who consume most space or at least a posibility to obtain a list with all the users and how much space are they consuming ? Trying to use du command was useless. Any idea?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RebelDac
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check top 5 biggest disk space users

Hi all, I am needing a bash shell script to generate a list of the top 5 users using the most disk space. I am thinking that the du command would be used somehow but I am at a loss. Can anyone help? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytemx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extra space issue with awk

for diskname in $(lspv |awk '{print $1}') do lquerypv -h /dev/|awk '/'$diskname'/ { print ; exit }' done No output is returning from the loop. I think awk put an extra space to the command - lquerypv -h /dev/ so that the command is executed as i.e. lquerypv -h /dev/ hdisk230 with a space... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Which gives the correct swap space top/vmstat ?

last pid: 29502; load avg: 21.8, 20.7, 20.4; up 8+08:49:09 763 processes: 589 sleeping, 9 running, 160 zombie, 5 on cpu CPU states: 0.0% idle, 28.2% user, 71.8% kernel, 0.0% iowait, 0.0% swap Memory: 32G phys mem, 2042M free mem, 8198M total swap, 8020M free swap kthr ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell now adds extra space at end of each line!

Hi, Since today, with csh or tcsh, if I do 'ls files* > list', every lines end with an extra space! What happenned? What can I do to go back when there was no extra space? If I change to bash, there's no extra space. Thanks, Patrick ---------- Post updated at 03:19 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trogne
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#Spool/Query executing with extra space.

Hello, I have a requirement where i have to spool some data to a file. i have achived the desired target but m facing one issue. i have attached the script and the output. i checked the data length in the table but it is only 45 for column 1. can you tell me how to remove these extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space usage by top 5 users in a filesystem

I want to see top 5 users,who have occupied most amount of disk space in a filesystem. But not sure how to do it. I can get the usage for a particular user find . -user user -type f exec df -h {} \;|awk '{ s = s+$1 } END { print "Total used: ",s }' But how to get without specifying any user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rka
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra Space in output - remove

Hi All I am trying to perform the below operation -count=`cat abc.txt | wc -l` echo$count 5 Head=Start"$DATE"00000"$count"File echo $HEAD START15020300000 5File There is a space coming before 5 which is not needed . How to ignore that . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
4 Replies
delch(3cur)															       delch(3cur)

Name
       delch, mvdelch, mvwdelch, wdelch - remove character from window

Syntax
       #include <cursesX.h>

int delch()

int wdelch(win)
       WINDOW *win;

int mvdelch(y, x)
       int y, x;

int mvwdelch(win, y, x)
       WINDOW *win;
       int y, x;

Description
       The  routine  deletes  the character under the cursor in the default window.  All characters to the right on the same line are moved to the
       left one position and the last character on the line is filled with a blank.  The cursor position does not change.

The routine deletes the character under the cursor in the specified window.  All characters to the right on the same line are moved to  the
       left one position and the last character on the line is filled with a blank.  The cursor position does not change.

The  routine moves the cursor to the specified position in the default window.  The character found at this location is deleted.  All char-
       acters to the right on the same line are moved to the left one position and the last character on the line is filled  with  a  blank.   The
       cursor position does not change.

The  routine  moves  the  cursor  to the specified position in the specified window.  The character found at this location is deleted.  All
       characters to the right on the same line are moved to the left one position and the last character on the line is filled with a blank.  The
       cursor position does not change.

The routines and are macros.

Return Values
       The and functions return OK on success and ERR on error.

delch(3cur)