Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Scripting - How to grep a file into an array Post 302454266 by felipe.vinturin on Friday 17th of September 2010 01:09:35 PM
Old 09-17-2010
Check this link: Arrays

Try this:
Code:
MyArray=(`grep $(date +'%Y-%m-%d') Cos-01.csv | cut -d',' -f1`)
echo {$MyArray[*]}

This User Gave Thanks to felipe.vinturin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Zeilen aus Datei mit cat und grep in dynamisches Array schreiben

Hallo, ich habe eine Datei "Kino.ini" die z.B. wie folgt aussieht * KINOFILM A bla bla KINOFILM B blubb blubb KINOFILM C Ich möchte nun die Datei "Kino.ini" per cat und grep auslesen und testen ob der String KINOFILM nur mit einem '*' am Anfang vorkommt. In dieser Beispieldatei... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] redirect (save) array to a file

Hi, I'm trying to write a function that redirects the contents of an array to a file. The array contains the lines of a data file with white space. The function seems to preserve all white space when redirected except that it seems to ignore newlines. As a consequence, the elements of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing values from file into array in Bash

Hi, I'm trying to write a bash script that takes a file and passes each line from the file into an array with elements separated by column. For example: Sample file "file1.txt": 1 name1 a first 2 name2 b second 3 name3 c third and have arrays such as: line1 = ( "1" "name1" "a"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of two file using bash scripting

I need following code in linux bash: Step 1: run a command and create file1 run a command and create file2 compare file1 and 2 if any difference go to step 1 (keep trying 4 times, if no success, abort program) else do nothing and continue program. now I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unset array element and save to file in Bash

#!/bin/bash X=(2H 4S 10D QC JD 9H 8S) How do I unset the 10D from this array and save it to a file? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
5 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Create a bash array from a flat file of whitespaces only.

Hi guys and gals... MacBook Pro. OSX 10.13.2, default bash terminal. I have a flat file 1920 bytes in size of whitespaces only. I need to put every single whitespace character into a bash array cell. Below are two methods that work, but both are seriously ugly. The first one requires that I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash to append array value to file before copying

The bash stores each uniqueid in an array and then passes them to %q to get the unique path. That seems to work what I am having trouble with is renaming each .png with the unique value in %q. I thought it was working but upon closer inspection, a .png file is being sent to scp.... but only 1 and... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
21 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert String to an Array using shell scripting in JSON file.

This is the sample json I have pasted here. I want all the IP address strings to be converted into an array. For example "10.38.32.202" has to be converted to everywhere in the JSON. There are multiple IPs in a JSON I am pasting one sample object from the JSON. But the IPs already in an Array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinshas1
11 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)