Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK double delimiter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK double delimiter Post 302454171 by gogol_bordello on Friday 17th of September 2010 09:58:48 AM
Old 09-17-2010
Gracias Felipe for you answer,
but I'm not looking at this.
I want a sequentially awk search :
first with delimiter ":"
after with delimiter ","

br

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I use double character delimiter in the cut command

Hi All, Can the cut command have double character delimiter? If yes, how can we use it. if my data file contains : apple || mango || grapes i used cut -f1 -d"||" filename but got an error. Plz help.... Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshishK
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting double quotes after third delimiter

Hi, I'm trying to insert double quotes right after the third delimiter in a file. Delimiter is ^Z. For example: Input: Oct ^Z 1234 ^Z John ^Z Hello!" Desired Output: Oct ^Z 1234 ^Z John ^Z "Hello!" Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk delimiter

I have several hundred files that look like this: ABB110405110000.rawfma8 AAB110405110001.rawhr32 If I use the statement ls | awk '{x=$0;gsub("","",x) I see that all characters other than 0-9 are eliminated but how do I eliminate all characters including numbers after the "." In my mind I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdburg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

double quote as the delimiter

I'm trying to extract a column from a csv file with either cut or awk but some of the fields contain comma with them: "Field1","Field2, additional info","Field3",...,"Field17",... If I want to extract column 3 and use comma as the delimiter, I'll actually get the additional info bit but not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find delimiter and double quote the field

Hi I have a asterisk (*) delimited file and there are some fields which contain data having asterisk , now i want to double quote the fileds which contain data with asterisk Ex: input file ID*NAME*EMAIL 1*BILL*BILL@AOL.com 2*J*OY*JOY@msn.com in the 2nd record JOY has a asterisk value in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: halmstad
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk specify Unusual Delimiter

# echo "size(JFJF" | awk -F"size(" '{print $1}' awk: fatal: Unmatched ( or \(: /size(/ the delimiter is "size(" but i'm not sure if awk is the best tool to use to specify it. i have tried: # echo "size(JFJF" | awk -F"size\(" '{print $1}' awk: warning: escape sequence `\(' treated as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with awk using * (asterisk) as the delimiter

Hi I am trying to parse the following lines and has to use * (asterisk) as the delimiter. These lines are in a file, for example tmp.txt and I am using a while loop tmp.txt: 14-OCT-2012 06:38:59 *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to use delimiter as : and space in awk

Hi , Please suggest me how do I use : (colon and one space) as a delimiter in awk Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip the delimiter with in double quotes and count the number of delimiters during data extract

Hi All, I'm stuck-up in finding a way to skip the delimiter which come within double quotes using awk or any other better option. can someone please help me out. Below are the details: Delimited: | Sample data: 742433154|"SYN|THESIS MED CHEM PTY.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrahmaNaiduA
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple columns base on double quotes as delimiter

Hi All, I have my data like below "1","abc,db","hac,aron","4","5" Now I need to extract 1,2,4th columns Output should be like "1",abc,db","4" Am trying to use cut command but not able to get the results. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
4 Replies
Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Server::IMAP4::List - folder related IMAP4 answers SYNOPSIS
my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new ( folders => $folders # Mail::Box::Identity , inbox => $inbox # Mail::Box , delimiter => '#' ); my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(user => $user); print $imap->list(...); # for LIST command METHODS
Constructors Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(USER) Create a (temporary) object to handle the LIST requests for a certain user, based upon a set of folders. The data is kept by Mail::Box::Identity and Mail::Box::Collection objects, which mean that the folders will not be opened to answer these questions. -Option --Default delimeter '/' folders <from user> inbox <from user> user <undef> delimeter => STRING|CODE Either the constant delimiter, or a code reference which will get passed a folder name and should return the delimiter string used in that name. If that folder name is empty, the default delimiter must be reported. See delimiter() for an example. folders => OBJECT You need to specify either a set of folders explicitly or via the user. Some Mail::Box::Identity OBJECT is needed. inbox => BOOLEAN For now, only used to see whether there is an inbox, so a truth value will do. This may change in the future. By default, the flag is set if "$user-"inbox> is defined. user => OBJECT A Mail::Box::Manage::User OBJECT, representing the user who's folders must get reported. Attributes $obj->delimiter([FOLDERNAME]) Returns the delimiter string. The foldername is only required when a CODE reference was specified at initiation. example: setting-up an IMAP4 delimeter sub delim($) { my $path = shift; my ($delim, $root) = $path =~ m/^(#news.)/ ? ('.', $1) = $path =~ m!^/! ? ('/', '/') : ('/', ''); wantarray ? ($delim, $root) : $delim; } my $list = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(delimiter => &delim, ...); print $list->delimiter('abc/xyz'); # returns a / (slash) and '' print $list->delimiter('#news.feed'); # returns a . (dot) and $news. print $list->delimiter(''); # returns default delimiter $obj->folders() Returns the Mail::Box::Identity of the toplevel folder. $obj->inbox() Returns the Mail::Box or filename of the INBOX. $obj->user() Returns the Mail::Box::Manage::User object, if defined. IMAP Commands $obj->list(BASE, PATTERN) IMAP's LIST command. The request must be partially decoded, the answer will need to be encoded. example: using IMAP list my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(delimiter => &delim, ...); local $" = ';'; my @lines = $imap->list('', ''); # returns the default delimiter print ">@{$lines[0]}<"; # >(Noselect);/;< my @lines = $imap->list('#news',''); # specific delimiter print ">@{$lines[0]}<"; # >(Noselect);.;< my @lines = $imap->list('top/x/', '%'); print ">@$_<," foreach @lines; # >();/;/tmp/x/y<,>(Marked);/;/tmp/x/z< DETAILS
See RFC2060: "Internet Message Access Protocol IMAP4v1" sections 6.3.8 (LIST question) and 7.2.2 (LIST answer) SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)