Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to include SQL within a script Post 302454163 by mcclunyboy on Friday 17th of September 2010 09:28:56 AM
Old 09-17-2010
Got it. The link is useful. More thorough than I need but the examples contain the solution. I appreciate your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to include shell script in C program

hi I want to call a shell script in C program the script is : ssh -t user@remote sh /<remote>home/user/<file_name>.sh and other several commands C program : Call this script and the retrive the task that is been done in <file_name>.sh file can any one tell me how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include lines within a script

I want to add lines in my script dynamically. My script: ... echo addscript end addscript ... Lines to add: (can be put in a file and can be added) cp /opt/script1.sh opt/script1_org.sh sed 's/testusr/'${FUNCTID}'/g' /opt/script1.sh > ./tmpfile mv ./tmpfile /opt/script1.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Include PERL script with in the unix shell script

Hi Gurus, Is it possible to include perl script with in the unix shell script? What would be the general syntax? In the above case, is it required to write the below first two lines of codes? #!usr/bin/sh -x #!usr/bin/perl -w Thanks in advance / Mysore Ganapati. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganapati
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

include in script

Hello, I have a script and a second file that contains all parameters needed for the script. How can I include this file in the script ? I tried source but I have a "no such file or directory" error. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script/program in vi include $? or...

Hi. When you write a script/program in vi Do you include the $ Eg. #!/bin/bash $ echo "Today's date is `date`" or echo "Today's date is `date`" Make your script executable. $chmod +x script I included that. I keep getting a permission denied... why? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JudoMan
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Option in sql script to include column headers when spooling file to .csv format

Can anyone help me how to include COLUMN HEADER when spooling file to .CSV format through SQL statement. Thanks, Akbar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include a command in shell script?

# dbc "delete from alert;" DELETE 10 # However, the script created below generates an error that command does not exits. Can any one please exist. script.sh: #!/bin/sh dbc "delete from alert;" >>$TASKLOGFILE ./script.sh: line 38: dbc: command not found can any one please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Script creation (how to include options in the script)

Hi guys i have written a script which takes the options given to him and execute itself accordingly. for example if a script name is doctortux then executing doctortux without option should made doctortux to be executed in automatic mode i.e. doctortux -a or if a doctortux is needed to run in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies
di_link_next_by_node(3DEVINFO)			       Device Information Library Functions			    di_link_next_by_node(3DEVINFO)

NAME
di_link_next_by_node, di_link_next_by_lnode - libdevinfo link traversal functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldevinfo [ library... ] #include <libdevinfo.h> di_link_t di_link_next_by_node(di_lnode_t node, di_link_t link, uint_t endpoint); di_link_t di_link_next_by_lnode(di_node_t lnode, di_link_t link, uint_t endpoint); PARAMETERS
link The handle to the current the link or DI_LINK_NIL. endpoint Specify which endpoint of the link the node or lnode should correspond to, either DI_LINK_TGT or DI_LINK_SRC. node The device node with which the link is associated. lnode The lnode with which the link is associated. DESCRIPTION
The di_link_next_by_node() function returns a handle to the next link that has the same endpoint node as link. If link is DI_LINK_NIL, a handle is returned to the first link whose endpoint specified by endpoint matches the node specified by node. The di_link_next_by_lnode() function returns a handle to the next link that has the same endpoint lnode as link. If link is DI_LINK_NIL, a handle is returned to the first link whose endpoint specified by endpoint matches the lnode specified by lnode. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a handle to the next link is returned. Otherwise, DI_LINK_NIL is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The di_link_next_by_node() and di_link_next_by_lnode() functions will fail if: EINVAL An argument is invalid. ENXIO The end of the link list has been reached. The di_link_next_by_node() function will fail if: ENOTSUP Device usage information is not available in snapshot. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
di_init(3DEVINFO), libdevinfo(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 12 Jul 2004 di_link_next_by_node(3DEVINFO)