Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CLI for serial number or tag for BIOS Post 302454158 by verdepollo on Friday 17th of September 2010 09:20:55 AM
Old 09-17-2010
As a quick note, don't blindly trust dmidecode. Information in the DMI table is usually filled by the manufacturer with correct values and although it's a useful tool, it's not always 100% reliable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

2. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

5. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

7. Solaris

BIOS Serial Number on Sun Fire V240

Hi, I want to know if there is a command available for obtaining the BIOS Serial Number on a Sun Fire V240 machine? Or is it a known issue that it cannot be obtained through any command? Thanks, Vineet (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of lines between two tag

Hi I have a big xml file of having many data </Data> </Node> <Node> List <abc>3932590983 3396003964 3355713230</abc> </Data> </Node> </Data> </Node> <abc>3932590983 3396003964</abc>I want to count the lines present betweem tag starting with abc and ending with abc so o/p will be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
C-BIOS(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						 C-BIOS(7)

NAME
C-BIOS - provides open source BIOS ROM files for MSX computers DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the C-BIOS rom files. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. C-BIOS is an open source BIOS for MSX computers. C-BIOS can be shipped with MSX emulators so they are usable out-of-the-box. Details about the BIOS calls available in the ROM files can be found at http://map.tni.nl/ but keep in mind the C-BIOS is work in progress and does not support all BIOS calls yet. C-BIOS comes in three versions currently. C-BIOS_MSX1 is compatible with MSX1 machines, C-BIOS_MSX2 is compatible with MSX2 machines and C- BIOS_MSX2+ is compatible with MSX2+ machines. Each version comes in three localisation variants, an international, Japanse (JP) and Brazilian (BR) one. SEE ALSO
openmsx (1), openmsx-catapult (1), pasmo (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Joost Yervante Damad for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. Joost Yervante Damad C-BIOS(7)