Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Required PUTTY Settings
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Required PUTTY Settings Post 302454127 by girija on Friday 17th of September 2010 08:44:45 AM
Old 09-17-2010
How to make that as permanent setting ...?

Bz every time i open a new window i have to make the setting

---------- Post updated at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:58 PM ----------

I got .... it as a permanent settings.

I deleted already seved sessions and saved as fresh session with all the settings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

PuTTY 0.59

On my opinion, one of the best ssh/telnet clients for windows, putty released a new version: Get it here, PuTTY 0.59 - PuTTY can now connect to local serial ports as well as making network connections. - Improved speed of SSH, particularly SSH-2 key exchange and public-key authentication -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help for PuTTy.

I'm using PuTTY to establish a SSH connection to a remote UNIX machine. I need to fetch a file from the remote system into my local Windows system. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What settings are required for login to CVS using Terminal in Mac OS X?

Hi All, I want to login to CVS using terminal. I am executing the following command in the terminal :- export CVSROOT=: pserver:ags_rd@istcvs.corp.apple.com:/istcvs/CVSHOME cvs login But i get the following error : Afreens-iMac:buildTest Afreen$ export CVSROOT=:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

What settings are required for login to CVS using Terminal in Mac OS X?

Hi All, I want to login to CVS using terminal. I am executing the following command in the terminal :- export CVSROOT=: pserver:ags_rd@istcvs.corp.apple.com:/istcvs/CVSHOME cvs login But i get the following error : Afreens-iMac:buildTest Afreen$ export CVSROOT=:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Afreen
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mysql my.cnf settings help required

Dear Friends I run my website "www.egully.com" on a dedicated server with a config of memory 8GB and 8GB RAM the CPU load average often shoots from 2-3 to 20-30 and the site becomes extremely slow. On investigation we found a lot of temporary mysql tables are been created which is taking up lot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: egully
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Putty : Change default settings (solved)

Hi, I use to work on solaris via putty and always on session start - i use to increase the font to 14 bold - capture session output to a file my requirement) to make these changes permanent, so that i need not to change the settings everytime i connect via putty please advice. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding PUTTY

Hello Forum members There is no any time parameter on putty so how can I stay my putty ssh session always Alive? So please reply to my querry. I am looking forward from Forum. Advance Thanks Siva. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Reboot required on Server, Just confirm my settings.

Hi Guys, I need to reboot one Server as the newly inserted disk is not getting detected in system , I have also confirmed with Sun Support and finally it was the reboot which was required after doing all troubleshooting stuff. So I have disassembled the mirror and kept working disk's single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
unicode-screensaver(6x) 				    unicode-screensaver manual					   unicode-screensaver(6x)

NAME
unicode - displays unicode characters SYNOPSIS
unicode [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-fps] [-foreground color] [-background color] DESCRIPTION
unicode-screensaver is a simple screensaver application that repeatedly randomly picks an unicode character and displays it in a very large font size together with its unicode code point and the character name. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. -background Set the background color (e.g. black, white, green, red). The default is white. -foreground Set the font color (e.g. black, white, green, red). The default is black. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 by Joachim Breitner. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Joachim Breitner X Version 11 Version 0.4 unicode-screensaver(6x)