Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to loop use while loop in csh script? Post 302454041 by proghack on Friday 17th of September 2010 05:13:27 AM
Old 09-17-2010
File txt
path1 group1
path2 group2
path3 group2

value.txt
group1 value1
group2 value2

while i set all data as variable:
and i loop file.txt if their group is equal to group in value.txt
then output cm out.

The problem i face is i success write while loop for file.txt.
Now i want add value.txt in that statement while loop.
For ur info
file.txt got 6 variable while for value.txt only got 4 variable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh exit while loop on keystroke

#!/bin/csh I'm using a `while(1)` loop to dispaly real-time information about various files on my system, and I use ^C to exit it when needed. I was hoping there was a way to exit the script on a normal keystroke such as "q". Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm willing to use a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seg
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh "while" loop within a csh script

I'm no unix pro for sure, but I have programmed enough other languages to usually get the job done in unix when I have to. I'm currently trying to automate a manual diagnostic process. One of the steps in the manual process generates a file of text output. The next step is running a small... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bschnair
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a simple loop in csh

Hello, I have a file with over 48000 lines and I need to select certain parts of the file. I know which awk commands work for what I need, I just need some help putting together a loop that will repeat the command. These are the commands that work: awk 'NR < 6' plot.out > plot.test (I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh if loop variable condition check peroblem

Hi, I have variables like var1 var2 var3 var4 in if loop i am trying to check the condition if(variable == "var") then echo $variable endif (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a loop in csh

I have the following code and want to use a loop to output the results to the fparams file. if ($optparams == 1) then # Set the tdarwin parameters set txt01 = "Call to raytrac.csh" set txt02 = "" set txt03 = "./Scripts/raytrac.csh $*" set txt04 = "" set txt05 =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop(Iterate) through List with foreach(csh)

Hey all,, I know cshell is harmful:) but I am using this just "to know" - for educational purposes!... not for a long-term use. lets say i have a list.. set arr=(x y z e f) I wanna iterate the list with foreach ,, not with while.!! foreach i $arr echo $i end does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach loop in csh

Hi everyone I'm new to unix and encountered a small problem i couldnt find out a reason why it doesn't work..please help.. in my csh script when i tried to use the foreach loop like this: foreach x ( ls ) echo $x end when i tried to run it, it printed out 'ls' to the std out instead of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSH While Loop

Hi all, How can I make this work with CSH: set K=3 set I=1 while ($I != $K) echo "K="$I @ I = $K + 1 end Any help you can provide or links that can help is greatly appreciated. With above I get an error "while: Expression Syntax" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manglalayag
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop through subdirectories in csh

Hi You might find it very trivial but actually don't know how to loop through all sub-directories and their child directories into a csh. bash was easier I believe but here I am, stuck with csh. So elaborately here's my problem: Let's say I have my parent directory named C-H/ under which I have... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
15 Replies
MPI_Group_union(3OpenMPI)												 MPI_Group_union(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Group_union - Produces a group by combining two groups. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Group_union(MPI_Group group1, MPI_Group group2, MPI_Group *newgroup) Fortran Syntax INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_GROUP_UNION(GROUP1, GROUP2, NEWGROUP, IERROR) INTEGER GROUP1, GROUP2, NEWGROUP, IERROR C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> static Group Group::Union(const Group& group1, const Group& group2) INPUT PARAMETERS
group1 First group (handle). group2 Second group (handle). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
newgroup Union group (handle). IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
The set-like operations are defined as follows: o union -- All elements of the first group (group1), followed by all elements of second group (group2) not in first. o intersect -- all elements of the first group that are also in the second group, ordered as in first group. o difference -- all elements of the first group that are not in the second group, ordered as in the first group. Note that for these operations the order of processes in the output group is determined primarily by order in the first group (if possible) and then, if necessary, by order in the second group. Neither union nor intersection are commutative, but both are associative. The new group can be empty, that is, equal to MPI_GROUP_EMPTY. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Group_free Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Group_union(3OpenMPI)