Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to loop use while loop in csh script? Post 302454038 by dazdseg on Friday 17th of September 2010 05:06:09 AM
Old 09-17-2010
do you want to write the all the arrays in your file to a different file or something??

Code:
cat file.txt >> out_file
cat value.txt >> out_file

now your out_file has your file.txt and value.txt.

But i am thinking this is not your query. i am extremely sorry i am not able to know what are you expecting.
can u show me the output of what are you expecting...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh exit while loop on keystroke

#!/bin/csh I'm using a `while(1)` loop to dispaly real-time information about various files on my system, and I use ^C to exit it when needed. I was hoping there was a way to exit the script on a normal keystroke such as "q". Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm willing to use a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seg
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh "while" loop within a csh script

I'm no unix pro for sure, but I have programmed enough other languages to usually get the job done in unix when I have to. I'm currently trying to automate a manual diagnostic process. One of the steps in the manual process generates a file of text output. The next step is running a small... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bschnair
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a simple loop in csh

Hello, I have a file with over 48000 lines and I need to select certain parts of the file. I know which awk commands work for what I need, I just need some help putting together a loop that will repeat the command. These are the commands that work: awk 'NR < 6' plot.out > plot.test (I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh if loop variable condition check peroblem

Hi, I have variables like var1 var2 var3 var4 in if loop i am trying to check the condition if(variable == "var") then echo $variable endif (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a loop in csh

I have the following code and want to use a loop to output the results to the fparams file. if ($optparams == 1) then # Set the tdarwin parameters set txt01 = "Call to raytrac.csh" set txt02 = "" set txt03 = "./Scripts/raytrac.csh $*" set txt04 = "" set txt05 =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop(Iterate) through List with foreach(csh)

Hey all,, I know cshell is harmful:) but I am using this just "to know" - for educational purposes!... not for a long-term use. lets say i have a list.. set arr=(x y z e f) I wanna iterate the list with foreach ,, not with while.!! foreach i $arr echo $i end does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach loop in csh

Hi everyone I'm new to unix and encountered a small problem i couldnt find out a reason why it doesn't work..please help.. in my csh script when i tried to use the foreach loop like this: foreach x ( ls ) echo $x end when i tried to run it, it printed out 'ls' to the std out instead of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSH While Loop

Hi all, How can I make this work with CSH: set K=3 set I=1 while ($I != $K) echo "K="$I @ I = $K + 1 end Any help you can provide or links that can help is greatly appreciated. With above I get an error "while: Expression Syntax" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manglalayag
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop through subdirectories in csh

Hi You might find it very trivial but actually don't know how to loop through all sub-directories and their child directories into a csh. bash was easier I believe but here I am, stuck with csh. So elaborately here's my problem: Let's say I have my parent directory named C-H/ under which I have... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
15 Replies
h5unjam(1)						      General Commands Manual							h5unjam(1)

NAME
h5unjam - Extract the user block from a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5unjam -i in_file.h5 [-u user_block | --delete] [-o out_file.h5] DESCRIPTION
h5unjam splits an HDF5 file, writing the user block to a file or stdout and the HDF5 file to an HDF5 file with a header at byte 0 (i.e., with no user block). If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the in_file.h5 without the user block. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is removed and in_file.h5 is rewritten, starting at byte 0. If user_block is set, the user block will be written to user_block. If user_block is not set, the user block (if any) will be written to stdout. If --delete is selected, the user block will not be not written. EXAMPLE USAGE
For an HDF5 file, with_ub.h5, with a user block, extract the user block to user_block.txt and the HDF5 file to wo_ub.h5. h5unjam -i with_ub.h5 -u user_block.txt -i wo_ub.h5 RETURN VALUE
h5unjam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5jam(1). h5unjam(1)