Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Condition based concatenation. Post 302453943 by summer_cherry on Thursday 16th of September 2010 10:44:12 PM
Old 09-16-2010
try below perl

Code:
my $tmp="";
while(<DATA>){
  chomp;
  if(/^Test[123]/){
   if($tmp ne ""){
     print $tmp,"\n";
     $tmp=$_;
   }
   else{
    $tmp=$_;
   }
  }
  else{
   $tmp=$tmp.$_;
  }
  $flag=0 if ! /^Test[123]/;
}
print $tmp if $flag != 1;
__DATA__
Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT.
Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN (PRODTCD ,PLNTCD).
Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN PLNTCD.
Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN ACTVIND.
Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN
RGNTOTERRTRYENDDT.
Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN RGNID.
Test1.ProdtAtPlnt COLUMN (PARTITION
PRODTCD ,PLNTIDCD).
Test3.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT.
Test3.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN
RGNTOTERRTRYENDDT.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose based on condition

Hi, I have the oracle table coulns in an order like date, state1, state2....state9 and i need to prepare data from the script output for loading in to this table The script is #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"-" '{print $2,$4}' /aemu/ErrorLogs/data/MissingCGIcount.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of all files based on a condition

Hi Friends, I am new to UNIX. I need to merge all the files(to FINAL.txt) in single directory based one condition. Out of all the files one of file will have specific value like :GF01: at any where in the file. so the file which is having :GF01: should be appended at the last. EX:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment based on a condition

I want to comment 2 lines based on a condition. If THEN occurs immediately after WHEN then i have to comment both the lunes For example : $cat file1.txt CASE WHEN THEN 1 WHEN c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic (number-based) if condition

Hi Folks I'm looking for help with if statement. I'm reading the file with header (starts with 0 on position 1 in the line) and data (starts with 1 on position 1 in the line). I have to check if the number from header (should be number of data rows) equal actual count of the data rows. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inserting characters based on condition

hi i have a file that contains the data like this 12345 12453 8990998987 0989876656 12345678 12344 133678999 12345677 i should insert "+" and "-" signs for each line i,e., + 12345 - 12453 + 8990998987 - 0989876656 + 12345678 - 12344 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenation of multiple files based on file pattern

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation lines based on first field of the lines

Hello All, This is to request some assistance on the issue that I encountered until recently. Problem is: I have a pipe delimited file in which some lines/records are broken. Now, I have to join/concatenate broken lines in the file to form actual record to make sure that the count of records... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: svks1985
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new column based in condition

At begining of column 2 the same block (2000) have 3 lines, in the next block (2336) it have 9 lines and for block (2524) 3 lines. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
0 Replies
GIT-COLUMN(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-COLUMN(1)

NAME
git-column - Display data in columns SYNOPSIS
git column [--command=<name>] [--[raw-]mode=<mode>] [--width=<width>] [--indent=<string>] [--nl=<string>] [--padding=<n>] DESCRIPTION
This command formats its input into multiple columns. OPTIONS
--command=<name> Look up layout mode using configuration variable column.<name> and column.ui. --mode=<mode> Specify layout mode. See configuration variable column.ui for option syntax. --raw-mode=<n> Same as --mode but take mode encoded as a number. This is mainly used by other commands that have already parsed layout mode. --width=<width> Specify the terminal width. By default git column will detect the terminal width, or fall back to 80 if it is unable to do so. --indent=<string> String to be printed at the beginning of each line. --nl=<N> String to be printed at the end of each line, including newline character. --padding=<N> The number of spaces between columns. One space by default. AUTHOR
Written by Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds@gmail.com[1]> GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. pclouds@gmail.com mailto:pclouds@gmail.com Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-COLUMN(1)