Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sync password
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sync password Post 302453929 by frank_rizzo on Thursday 16th of September 2010 07:04:28 PM
Old 09-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlochacon
how would be the LDAP migration I mean I got existing users/sudo/few folder ownerships.....?
It takes planning and testing but it's not overly complicated IMO. There are scripts provide to import existing users into LDAP. As long as your UID/GID for the users is the same across systems there will be no permission issues. There are plenty of LDAP tutorials and information online. I recommend at least reviewing information and then make a educated decision. I have several LDAP books I can recommend if you really wanted to test it. 8 servers is really not that many but if you have many users it might be a viable solution and can simplify all aspects of user administration. sudo and other utilities will work. Having accounts in LDAP is transparent. The end-user will not notice a difference.

If you think LDAP is overkill for your environment then your going to have to get creative. Just be careful - the last thing you want to do is zero out the /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow files.
This User Gave Thanks to frank_rizzo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Workstations are not sync

What's the idea of Unsyncron SUN WS's ? one of our client had a problem & my supervisor told me that this causes of unsynchron WS's i mean maybe the setting of one is not compatible with other ..... Any Suggestion would be helpful Rgrds, nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

samba questions (password conversion to blowfish and is it wise to sync the useraccou

i stumbled upon something that gave some nice instructions on how to convert FreeBSD passwords from md5 to blowfish. it was simple and straight forward and it worked. i'm running samba on the machine. now i know the tutorial i was following had something where a user's samba and machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

3. Solaris

cron sync

hi all , i have a E4900 server cluster that consists of 2 Servers (Cluster1 and cluster2 ) all of my crons are located under /var/spool/cron/crontabs . I am trying to put them on a shared place , so thati dont have to edit both crons on every system . thank you cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

5. Solaris

R-sync for solaris?

Hi Gurus I ave a Prod,standby and DR server(All Sol 5.9) and i need to sync the Application running in prod,standby and DR. The Application vests in a filesystem(a directory) and syncing the directory would server my purpose. I came across rsync utility and am planning to implement it. But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password script sync

Hi all, I am trying to create a simple password script but it seems not working well. What I'm trying to do is to sync the yppasswd and smbpasswd. So I created this: #!/bin/csh echo "" echo "Please enter old password: " set OLDPASSWD = $< echo "Please enter new password: " set NEWPASSWD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saiful
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sync

Folks; I have 2 SUSE DNS servers, one will be the master and one will be the slave. we normally update the master when adding any new servers to the DNS list. I'm looking for a way to sync both servers every night, so the slave is updated nightly. I thought of using "rsync" with cron to sync... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to sync a lv

Hi Please look in to the below issue and advise how to fix the issue. I tried syncvg but it gives me an error. Recently we have upgraded the service pack in this lpar. ========================================================== pmut8# lsvg -l rootvg | grep -i stale paging00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
Net::LDAP::Intermediate::SyncInfo(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Net::LDAP::Intermediate::SyncInfo(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Intermediate::SyncInfo - LDAPv3 Sync Info Message object SYNOPSIS
See Net::LDAP::Control::SyncRequest DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Intermediate::SyncInfo" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "Sync Info Message" as described by RFC 4533. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Intermediate the following are provided. TODO METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Intermediate each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Intermediate, Net::LDAP::Control, Net::LDAP::Control::SyncRequest, Net::LDAP::Control::SyncState, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4533.txt AUTHOR
Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Mathieu Parent. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Intermediate::SyncInfo(3)