Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: snmpwalk on solaris 8
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring snmpwalk on solaris 8 Post 302453886 by jmwright007 on Thursday 16th of September 2010 04:58:15 PM
Old 09-16-2010
Brute force:

find / -name snmpwalk

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snmpget/snmpwalk for dskPercent not working.

snmpwalk -v1 -c myname {ip address} dskPercent. Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB. Failed object: UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercentNode snmpget -v1 -c myname {ip address} dskPercent.1 Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Net-SNMP v5.4 - sub-id not found in log, but can query with snmpget and snmpwalk

Hi everyone, I'm configuring Net-SNMP v5.4 on Solaris 10, sending traps to OpenNMS 1.2.9-0.20061212.0. I'm setting up disk monitoring (% of space free) for 5 directories. Here's what I'm working with: (snmpd.conf - disk and monitoring portions) # # Disk Usage monitoring: # disk / 20%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

snmpwalk timeout

can somoene please tell me how to tell snmpwalk how many seconds it has to timeout? i searched the web for this but i can't find it. i'm incorporating this into a script, and I'd like to have snmpwalk timeout within a certain amount of seconds. the -t option doesn't seem to work because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmpwalk or maximum connection

what is the simplest command to check if a server already reached it's maximum connection? ( regardless if it's database, mail, etc). system: solaris (9/20) machine: sparc/x86 thanks, larey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
5 Replies

5. AIX

NET-SNMP not responding to snmpwalk

We are using net-snmp on AIX 5.3 TL12 with CACTi for monitoring. Recently we are facing a problem. When we start net-snmp the snmpwalk to the localhost is working. But after a few minutes the snmpwalk gives a timeout to localhost. The snmp process is running. We recently upgraded the TL on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wibhore
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trouble with snmpwalk script

I am using a line of code that I borrowed from someone else's script, in a script to monitor changes in my local network. It works but it takes too long to pick up the changes. snmpwalk -v 2c -c PASSWORD -Oq 10.0.1.1 RFC1213-MIB::atPhysAddress The snmp server is my apple router. If I monitor... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chancho
7 Replies

7. AIX

snmp genError with snmpwalk

Hi Admins, I am new member here. I am using IAX 5.3 trying to configure snmpv3. Conf file /etc/snmpdv3.conf contents given below VACM_GROUP group1 SNMPv1 public - VACM_GROUP group1 SNMPv1 sbmviking - VACM_VIEW defaultView internet - included -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with SNMPWALK

Hi when I do the SNMPwalk, it doesn't seem to work. Please advice what I am doing wrong? On my snmpd.conf file, I have this. rocommunity badboy xx.x.x.x # Traverse Server Also I have MIB files under /usr/share/snmp/mibs # service snmpd status snmpd (pid 23756)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies
SNMPWALK(3)								 1							       SNMPWALK(3)

snmpwalk - Fetch all theSNMPobjects from an agent

SYNOPSIS
array snmpwalk (string $hostname, string $community, string $object_id, [int $timeout = 1000000], [int $retries = 5]) DESCRIPTION
snmpwalk(3) function is used to read all the values from an SNMP agent specified by the $hostname. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - The SNMP agent (server). o $community - The read community. o $object_id - If NULL, $object_id is taken as the root of the SNMP objects tree and all objects under that tree are returned as an array. If $object_id is specified, all the SNMP objects below that $object_id are returned. o $timeout - The number of microseconds until the first timeout. o $retries -The number of times to retry if timeouts occur. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of SNMP object values starting from the $object_id as root or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 snmpwalk(3) Example <?php $a = snmpwalk("127.0.0.1", "public", ""); foreach ($a as $val) { echo "$val "; } ?> Above function call would return all the SNMP objects from the SNMP agent running on localhost. One can step through the values with a loop SEE ALSO
snmprealwalk(3). PHP Documentation Group SNMPWALK(3)