Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernal Panic questions
Operating Systems SCO Kernal Panic questions Post 302453859 by madsns on Thursday 16th of September 2010 03:01:27 PM
Old 09-16-2010
A kernel panic is an action taken by an operating system upon detecting an internal fatal error from which it cannot safely recover.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

kernal parameters on Linux 7.3

Hi all, I am running 7.3 Redhat Linux, I have Oracle database running on it and I have some problem with the memory. every time I startup the database, the memory was peak up to 630M of Ram out 640M ram on the entire box and I didn't specify that much of memory on my database. Oracle advise me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernal Panic

Received the following on the weekend. Panic:k_trap kernel mode trap type 0X0000000e cannot dump 163739 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41):space for only 48640 pages Dump not complete Safe to power off or press any key to reboot Any ideas how to fix this one? It also happen a month ago. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcoleman544
3 Replies

3. Linux

reload kernal without reboot

Hello! Does anyone know howto reload your kernal without rebooting the machine? I´ve updated the "/etc/security/limits.conf " file and need to make this active without rebooting the machine. this is Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1AS Regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernal Information

Hi friends, i would like to know the kernal information (semaphores), which command do i use Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Questions regarding a PANIC situation

Hi, Last week, we experienced 2 KERNEL PANIC error on our SCO Unix 5.0.7 server within a 2 hour span. So I called our sofware support which is OGC using running on an Informix Database. Within 5 minutes I had as answer that the problem was an Hardware issue. Since the server is supported by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamsville2k
4 Replies

6. Linux

Kernal panic error& setuproot:error mounting /proc&/sys

Hi all, I am new to redhat/fedora linux. In fedora linux 6,we created one file system(hda3 - /fs). in this mount poing we were installed mounta vista os. while booting we are getting below error messages. 1) Booting 'mountaVisat(2.6.18_pro 500_pc_target-x86_586 smp)' root(hd0,1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

8. Solaris

kernal parameter setting

hi, can anybody tell me how to increase the parameters like project.max-shm-ids on solaris10. i have used prctl, but got reset while server reboot. thnks and regards Ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Kernal Parameters

Hi, Can you please let me know about kernal parameters? Where we can see that kernal parameters? we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please let me know commands to see these kernal parameters file or files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error: kernal panic not syncing

HI All, server stopped here, we are suspecting server crash, need install new OS. Any suggestions on this. kindly help to us. Thanks Rajesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
0 Replies
Tcl_Panic(3TCL) 					      Tcl Library Procedures						   Tcl_Panic(3TCL)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_Panic, Tcl_PanicVA, Tcl_SetPanicProc, panic, panicVA - report fatal error and abort SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> void Tcl_Panic(format, arg, arg, ...) void Tcl_PanicVA(format, argList) void Tcl_SetPanicProc(panicProc) void panic(format, arg, arg, ...) void panicVA(format, argList) ARGUMENTS
CONST char* format (in) A printf-style format string. arg (in) Arguments matching the format string. va_list argList (in) An argument list of arguments matching the format string. Must have been initialized using TCL_VARARGS_START, and cleared using va_end. Tcl_PanicProc *panicProc (in) Procedure to report fatal error message and abort. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
When the Tcl library detects that its internal data structures are in an inconsistent state, or that its C procedures have been called in a manner inconsistent with their documentation, it calls Tcl_Panic to display a message describing the error and abort the process. The for- mat argument is a format string describing how to format the remaining arguments arg into an error message, according to the same format- ting rules used by the printf family of functions. The same formatting rules are also used by the builtin Tcl command format. In a freshly loaded Tcl library, Tcl_Panic prints the formatted error message to the standard error file of the process, and then calls abort to terminate the process. Tcl_Panic does not return. Tcl_SetPanicProc may be used to modify the behavior of Tcl_Panic. The panicProc argument should match the type Tcl_PanicProc: typedef void Tcl_PanicProc( CONST char *format, arg, arg,...); After Tcl_SetPanicProc returns, any future calls to Tcl_Panic will call panicProc, passing along the format and arg arguments. To maintain consistency with the callers of Tcl_Panic, panicProc must not return; it must call abort. panicProc should avoid making calls into the Tcl library, or into other libraries that may call the Tcl library, since the original call to Tcl_Panic indicates the Tcl library is not in a state of reliable operation. The typical use of Tcl_SetPanicProc arranges for the error message to be displayed or reported in a manner more suitable for the applica- tion or the platform. As an example, the Windows implementation of wish calls Tcl_SetPanicProc to force all panic messages to be displayed in a system dialog box, rather than to be printed to the standard error file (usually not visible under Windows). Although the primary callers of Tcl_Panic are the procedures of the Tcl library, Tcl_Panic is a public function and may be called by any extension or application that wishes to abort the process and have a panic message displayed the same way that panic messages from Tcl will be displayed. Tcl_PanicVA is the same as Tcl_Panic except that instead of taking a variable number of arguments it takes an argument list. The proce- dures panic and panicVA are synonyms (implemented as macros) for Tcl_Panic and Tcl_PanicVA, respectively. They exist to support old code; new code should use direct calls to Tcl_Panic or Tcl_PanicVA. SEE ALSO
abort(3TCL), printf(3TCL), exec(1T), format(1T) KEYWORDS
abort, fatal, error ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 8.4 Tcl_Panic(3TCL)