Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find files for a particular date and delete Post 302453856 by jville on Thursday 16th of September 2010 02:55:40 PM
Old 09-16-2010
Thanks! That works. How can I user -exec instead of Xargs ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to delete files by date

My apache logs are saved in the following format (using rotatelogs): Oct 8 01:59 access_log.1002412800 Oct 9 01:55 access_log.1002499200 Oct 10 01:58 access_log.1002585600 Oct 11 01:56 access_log.1002672000 Oct 12 01:59 access_log.1002758400 I would like to run a cronjob once a week to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i delete files in folder by date?

Hi, I have some files on a folder and i want to delete all the files that were created on July. Thanks, Kobi. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobibn
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files by date

Hi, Can anyone help me delete old files in a directory? Let's say, I want to delete all files which are 365 days old. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Delete files according to date

Hi All, I am wondering whether is there a way to remove files according to date. For example, I have 500 files between Jan - April, and I want to remove files created only on March. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advanced. rgds, Ronny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files by date

Hello, Due to an error while processing data I have to delete all files created the 4 october on a RED HAT 3 Server. I am wondering if one of you is aware of a command that could only delete all files that were created the Oct 4 This will be very, very, very helpful Thanks for your... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete file previous to some date

Hello All, I have a directory containing of many .dat file, but with different naming conventions. I want to delete files which are created before and on 10th September 2013. I tried this command to see files which are are the files created before 10th September find path/to/file -type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files of a particular date

dear all, i m a newbie and i want to delete all files of a particular date,how can i do this? your help appreciated,thanks in advance. OS:RHEL 6 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdabdul
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Files from a date

I'm quite new to Unix but I want to delete some old backup files stored in a directory. the backups are stored on a network storage device located at /mnt/terastation12/backup. I want to delete everything upto one month ago. would the following command in Unix Sun do that? find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
5 Replies
RECEIVE(1)						      General Commands Manual							RECEIVE(1)

NAME
receive - receive files from the sendfile spool SYNOPSIS
receive [ -d ] [ -r ] [ -k ] [ -P ] [ -S ] [ -Z spool ] [ -q ] [ -ffrom ] file [...] receive -n [ -d ] [ -r ] [ -k ] [ -P ] [ -S ] [ -Z spool ] [ -q ] file-number [...] receive [ -s ] [ -l ] [ -L ] [ -R ] [ -ffrom ] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] [ -f"from" ] file [...] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] [ -f"from" ] -n file-number [...] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] -a DESCRIPTION
receive files from the sendfile spool which has been sent to you. If there is already a file with the same name you will be prompted for overwriting or renaming. Allowed wildcards in file names are: * ? [abc] [^abc] CAUTION: you have to put wildcards and other special characters in '' quotes to hide them for interpretation by your shell. OPTIONS
-n receive file number(s) -d delete instead of receive -a receive (or delete or bounce) all files -r rename before receiving -k keep files in spool after receiving -P pipe files to stdout -S receive only pgp-signed files -s list files in short format -l list files -L list files and look inside archives, too -R renumber files in spool -b bounce (forward) files to another recipient -q quiet mode: no questions asked -fuser all actions refer only to files from this user -Z spool specify an alternate spool directory EXAMPLES
receive -L list all files in long format. receive 'blubb*' receive all files starting with string "blubb". receive -daf microsoft.com delete all files from microsoft.com sites. receive -b framstag@bofh '*.jpg' bounce all *.jpg-files to framstag@bofh. FILES
/var/spool/sendfile The sendfile spool directory. /var/spool/sendfile/$USER/log A log of the last transfers. /etc/sendfile.deny Users which are not allowed to receive files or messages (set by root). SEE ALSO
sendfile(1). AUTHOR
Ulli Horlacher - framstag@rus.uni-stuttgart.de 3rd Berkeley Distribution RECEIVE(1)