Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/init.d/exim4 restart
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users /etc/init.d/exim4 restart Post 302453799 by pileofrogs on Thursday 16th of September 2010 12:20:25 PM
Old 09-16-2010
Is Exim not restarting? Is the only problem that it's printing the file names or is there something else that isn't working? Does /etc/init.d/exim4 match the version from the packages you used to install it (IE has it changed?) Can you manually restart exim4 by using the commands from the init.d script?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exim4 relay only to specific domain

Hi, I am new in exim. I am trying to configure a debian server running exim4 such that it relays only mails to our domain (@abcd.de).The exim server uses a smarthost for relaying. I do not get it to block outgoing mails to domains different from ours (i.e. with the "standard" configuration it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

5. Debian

Debian exim4 security patch

I have just had to fix a debian5 system which suddenly started rejecting correctly addressed emails as '550 relay not permitted.' It turned out that rogue exim4 config files had been injected into the system at /etc/exim4/exim4.conf and /etc/exim4/exim.conf and these were messing up mail routing. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevinGB
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

/etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated?

After I set IP , I want to make it work, so I ran "/etc/init.d/networking restart" but it says it's deprecated: Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not enable again some interfaces So I want to know how to make my setup work correctly. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

exim4

I want to send mail with a bash script. I look on the internet what I have to do. I installed exim4 and mailutils. than I do sudo echo "Yay - SMTP works" | mail -s "Test email" mail-address" but the mail wasn't sent. I find this sudo dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config but I don't know what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Restart service xinit.d or init.d ?

Hello How do I restart init.d ?? (centos 6.5) Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
UPDATE-EXIM4DEFAULTS(8) 				      System Manager's Manual					   UPDATE-EXIM4DEFAULTS(8)

NAME
update-exim4defaults - Manage exim4 daemon default file. SYNOPSIS
update-exim4defaults [ --qflags flags ] [ --queuerunner combined|queueonly|separate|ppp|no|nodaemon ] [ --queuetime time ] [ --commonop- tions options ] [ --queuerunneroptions options ] [ --smtplisteneroptions options ] [ --remove-common options ] [ --remove-queue options ] [ --remove-smtp options ] [ --force|-f ] [ --help|-h ] [ --init ] DESCRIPTION
update-exim4defaults allows one to set run parameters for the Exim daemon in /etc/default/exim4. Its main purpose is for interaction with packages enhancing Exim like virus-scanners that need to change the way the exim daemon is started. OPTIONS
--help|-h Print short usage instructions and exit. --qflags flags Set qflags, special flags given to exim directly after the "-q". See exim(8) for more information. --queuerunner combined|queueonly|separate|ppp|no|nodaemon Should the init script start one daemon that listens on the smtp port for incoming connections and runs the queue at regular inter- vals (combined) , or should it start two separate daemons, one listening on the smtp port, the other running the queue (separate) , or should the queue only be run by /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim4 (ppp) , or shouldn't we run the queue at all, for example if you'd rather do this with cron ? Or should we only start a queuerunner (queueonly) or no daemon at all (nodaemon) ? --queuetime time In which intervals should we run the queue? This passed as option -q<qflags>time to Exim, e.g. -q30m or -qq1h. --commonoptions options Options passed both to queue-running and listening instances of Exim. --queuerunneroptions options Options only passed to the instance of Exim running the queue. --smtplisteneroptions options Options only passed to the instance of Exim listening on the SMTP port. --force|-f Without this option update-exim4defaults exits with an error if at least one of the options --queuetime, --commonoptions, --queuerunneroptions or --smtplisteneroptions is used and the corresponding value in /etc/default/exim4 is already set to a nonempty value. --remove-common option Try to remove the given option from COMMONOPTIONS. --remove-queue option Try to remove the given option from QUEUERUNNEROPTIONS. --remove-smtp option Try to remove the given option from SMTPLISTENEROPTIONS. The --remove-commands cannot be used at the same time as any of --commonoptions, --queuerunneroptions or --smtplisteneroptions. The --remove-commands will additionally remove whitespace at the beginning and the end of the option and exchange multiple spaces wi a single one. --init create a default /etc/default/exim4 file and exit immediately. Unless --force was also specified update-exim4defaults exits (suc- cessfully) without doing anything if /etc/default/exim4 already exists. All other options are ignored. EXIT STATUS
0 change was successful or nothing needed to be done. 1 generic error: wrong options, unreadable configuration file, etc. 2 QUEUEINTERVAL was already set. 4 COMMONOPTIONS was already set. 8 QUEUERUNNEROPTIONS was already set. 16 SMTPLISTENEROPTIONS was already set. 32 QFLAGS was already set. 64 --remove-something failed, i.e. the value of the option was not changed. Exit codes 2 to 32 will be summed up, if more than one unsuccessful option was given. FILES
/etc/default/exim4 The configuration file. /etc/init.d/exim4 The Exim init-script. /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim4 The queuerunner in this file also uses COMMONOPTIONS and QUEUERUNNEROPTIONS and does not run if QUEUERUNNER=no. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> EXIM4 March 26, 2003 UPDATE-EXIM4DEFAULTS(8)