Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris- VxVM simulator
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris- VxVM simulator Post 302453777 by mychrislo on Thursday 16th of September 2010 11:05:09 AM
Old 09-16-2010
You can download the "basic" version for free and use it from symantec.

Google with
veritas basic version download site:symantec.com
This User Gave Thanks to mychrislo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM/Hba cards/Solaris 10 FS issue

Hi all, I have a compatibly issues with a new hardware My config is the following one : Solaris 10 V490 Hardware 2 X HBA Qlogic 2310f cards An HP EVA 5000 for storage ... Veritas VxVM 4.1 MP1 When I reboot my server, VxVM is trying to mount/use the volume before it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
0 Replies

2. Solaris

VxVM on Solaris.

Hi, Quick question if anyone knows this. Is there a command I can use in Veritas Volume manager on Solaris that will tell me what the name of the SAN I am connected to? We have a number of SANs so I am unsure which one my servers are connected to. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
13 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vxvm version in solaris?

whats the command line to find vxvm (veritas volume manager) version installed in solaris OS? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: na75369
3 Replies

4. Solaris

VxVM 5.0 Licence key required on solaris

Hi Friends, This is suresh reddy. Recently i download veritas cluster & volume manager package from internet. I didn't found any key inside the package. If any body having the VxVM key kindly send to me. mail id: cvsureshreddy@gmail.com Regards, C V Suresh Reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresha2lu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

VCS Simulator for Solaris

Hi, I just wanted to know, if VCS simulator (For Solaris) is available for free ? I will be running that on my Windows XP. If somebody have, please share the link. Regards ---------- Post updated at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:43 AM ---------- I was able to get it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

6. Linux

installing NS 3 Simulator

I ve read the documentation and tried downloading from code nsnam org to no avail, though not very good in linux, what do i do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSISIOMA
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris and vxvm ( really old versions)

This is going to mean nothing to most.... I'm working on a E4500 server running Solaris 2.5.1 and VXVM 2.5.5 :eek: I've replaced the rootmirror and would like to monitor progress of the resync It's only a 2Gb /partition so it shouldn't take too long. In later versions vxtask list ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martincorneuk
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris/vxvm/EMC Lun configuration

Hello all, i try to allocate the same LUN to two server (or more in the future) i use solaris 10, vxvm (vxfs) for data and solaris zones and EMC DMX-4, i try to migrate solaris zones between servers in case of problem. and this is what i want to do - affect LUN to srv00124 and srv10155 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mat_solaris
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual disk (ramdisk) create for sun4v (T-2000 simulator) architecture

have been trying to create a 2 GB ramdisk (virtual) to run on my T-2000 simulator (Legion) which has sun4v architecture. I have a SPARC workstation which runs on sun4u architecture with Solaris 10. I have created a ramdisk image using dd command, newfs, then used ufsrestore to restore the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 patching using live upgrade with VxVM

Hello, I was assigned some Solaris machines and need to patch them to N-1, where N is the latest OS realease, which means, upgrade till one version before the latest one. I do not now a lot about Solaris. What I only know is that need to make use of live upgrade and be careful with VxVM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
4 Replies
download(1)							   User Commands						       download(1)

NAME
download - host resident PostScript font downloader SYNOPSIS
download [-f] [-p printer] [-m name] [-H directory] [file...] /usr/lib/lp/postscript/download DESCRIPTION
download prepends host resident fonts to files and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. download assumes the input files make up a single PostScript job and that requested fonts can be included at the start of each input file. Requested fonts are named in a comment (marked with %%DocumentFonts:) in the input files. Available fonts are the ones listed in the map table selected using the -m option. The map table consists of fontname-file pairs. The fontname is the full name of the PostScript font, exactly as it would appear in a %%Doc- umentFonts: comment. The file is the pathname of the host resident font. A file that begins with a / is used as is. Otherwise the pathname is relative to the host font directory. Comments are introduced by % (as in PostScript) and extend to the end of the line. The only candidates for downloading are fonts listed in the map table that point download to readable files. A font is downloaded once, at most. Requests for unlisted fonts or inaccessible files are ignored. All requests are ignored if the map table can not be read. OPTIONS
-f Force a complete scan of each input file. In the absence of an explicit comment pointing download to the end of the file, the default scan stops immediately after the PostScript header comments. -p printer Check the list of printer-resident fonts in /etc/lp/printers/printer/residentfonts before downloading. -m name Use name as the font map table. A name that begins with / is the full pathname of the map table and is used as is. Other- wise name is appended to the pathname of the host font directory. -H directory Use dir as the host font directory. The default is /usr/lib/lp/postscript. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the download command. The following map table could be used to control the downloading of the Bookman font family: % % The first string is the full PostScript font name. The second string % is the file name - relative to the host font directory unless it begins % with a /. % Bookman-Light bookman/light Bookman-LightItalic bookman/lightitalic Bookman-Demi bookman/demi Bookman-DemiItalic bookman/demiitalic Using the file myprinter/map (in the default host font directory) as the map table, you could download fonts by issuing the following command: example% download -m myprinter/map file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), posttek(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The download program should be part of a more general program. download does not look for %%PageFonts: comments and there is no way to force multiple downloads of a particular font. Using full pathnames in either map tables or the names of map tables is not recommended. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 download(1)