Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Processing files using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processing files using awk Post 302453588 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 08:47:11 PM
Old 09-15-2010
Ok, you need sum $5 by group.

but with same filename, $6,$7,$8 (date/time) will be different, which one you'd like to keep?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preparing LaTeX files using Sed/AWK for processing with latex2html

As the title states, my issue involves preparing LaTeX documents for processing with latex2html. Within my LaTeX docs I have used a package which allows me to cleanly display source code listings. However the package is not supported by latex2html which, when processed, does not display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oski
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk processing

Hi all Is there a way in awk to know that you are processing your final line of input if you do no know how many lines were in the input to begin with? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing output into different files while processing file using AWK

Hi, I am trying to do the following using AWK program. 1. Read the input data file 2. Parse the record and see if it contains errors 3. If the record contains errors, then write it into Reject file, else, write into usual output file or display it on the screen Here is what I have done -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyak
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get all files from a directory and pass the files for processing

Hi All, I have a directory in which there will be several files. i want to get all the files and pass it to a piece of code for processing on the files. This is the piece of code which does the processing. tr "\n" "|" < (log file name) | tr "$" "\n" > output echo ' ' >>output while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script processing data from 2 files

Hi! I have 2 files containing data that I need to process at the same time, I have problems in reading a different number of lines from the different files. Here is an explanation of what I need to do (possibly with an awk script). File "samples.txt" contains data in the format: time_instant... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing with awk

I have many lines like the following in a file(there are also other kinds of lines) Host: 72.52.104.74 (tserv1.fmt2.he.net) Ports: 22/open/tcp//tcpwrapped///, 53/open/tcp//domain//PowerDNS 3.3/, 179/open/tcp//tcpwrapped/// Ignored State: closed (997) Seq Index: 207 IP ID Seq: All... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files awk

hai i need my single awk script to act on 4 trace files of ns2 and to calculate througput and it should print result from each trace file in a single trace file. i tried with the following code but it doesnt work awk -f awkscript inputfile1 inputfile2 inputfile3 inputfile4>outputfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathyy
4 Replies

9. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple files to awk for processing in bash script

Hi, I'm using awk command in bash script. I'm able to pass multiple files to awk for processing.The code i can use is as below(sample code) #!/bin/bash awk -F "," 'BEGIN { ... ... ... }' file1 file2 file3 In the above code i'm passing the file names manually and it is fine till my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
7 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)