Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Basic Question About Links
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Basic Question About Links Post 302453462 by Celtic_Monkey on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 10:54:36 AM
Old 09-15-2010
what says ls -la <filename>?

if its linked it'll be in the order of:

<filename> --> ../../opt/bin/<filename>

ie. you'll see the pointer (-->) to another file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

I have some basic doubts. Can someone clarify in this forum? 1)if then eval ' tset -s -Q -m ':?hp' ' else eval ' tset -s -Q ' what does it exactly mean in .profile? 2) what are 'nobody' and 'noaccess' usernames in /etc/passwd file. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very Basic Question

How to know if my AIX 5.2 is running at 64bits? THANKS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question for links in Unix

Is there a command that I can list, at once, all the links(path) of a give file ( including hard link and soft link)? If not, can it be down by writing a script? Thanks a lot. (I know that pwd would only list one path.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really basic question....

Hello all. Let me start off by saying I know a little more then it seems by me asking this question... here goes I have an old 486 box and I want to start messing around with unix. I've been taking classes for 3 or 4 years in c programming in unix, so I am used to the commands and such, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robherms
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question posting links

Hi, I do not want to violate any rules, so thought to ask before posting any links. Just to contribute to the forum: through surfing I found a link to download "Unix in a Nutshell" (*.chm) FREE. I was wondering if I can post that link here. Thanks Hemang (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic question

hi, I have a basic question,, i am in a directory called /intas/OCU_3.9.1/sbin ocuut1@france>mv itsa_tcs itsa_tcs_old mv: itsa_tcs_old: rename: Permission denied i am logging as the owner of the file. when i am doing this i am getting the above error of permission denied. I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic nc question

i'm doing this in one terminal: nc -lu 7402 and it appears to start listening properly, then in another i do this: echo "hello" | nc -u localhost 7402 and nothing happens on the listening terminal - what am i doing wrong? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterworth
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Book and Links about Shells; and zsh question

HI, I would like to ask You about some good books or links where I can find information about shells, theoretical information. I will be grateful if You can help me And I have question about zsh loop trivial script: #!/bin/zsh for i in {1..100000} do echo $i; doneexec time is 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft links question

Hello. I have some main directories. For example : /main_dir1 /main_dir2In main_dir2, I have a sub dir named sub_dir2-1 with 2 files in it ( file_2-1, file_2-2 ) /main_dir2sub_dir2-1file_2-1 file_2-2From "/main_dir1/A/B/C" I make a soft link ln -s /main_dir2/sub_dir2-1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
PLBIN(3plplot)							    PLplot API							    PLBIN(3plplot)

NAME
plbin - Plot a histogram from binned data SYNOPSIS
plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) DESCRIPTION
Plots a histogram consisting of nbin bins. The value associated with the i'th bin is placed in x[i], and the number of points in the bin is placed in y[i]. For proper operation, the values in x[i] must form a strictly increasing sequence. By default, x[i] is the left-hand edge of the i'th bin. If opt=PL_BIN_CENTRED is used, the bin boundaries are placed midway between the values in the x array. Also see plhist(3plplot) for drawing histograms from unbinned data. Redacted form: General: plbin(x, y, opt) Perl/PDL: plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) Python: plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) This function is not used in any examples. ARGUMENTS
nbin (PLINT, input) Number of bins (i.e., number of values in x and y arrays.) x (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to array containing values associated with bins. These must form a strictly increasing sequence. y (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to array containing number of points in bin. This is a PLFLT (instead of PLINT) array so as to allow histograms of proba- bilities, etc. opt (PLINT, input) Is a combination of several flags: opt=PL_BIN_DEFAULT: The x represent the lower bin boundaries, the outer bins are expanded to fill up the entire x-axis and bins of zero height are simply drawn. opt=PL_BIN_CENTRED|...: The bin boundaries are to be midway between the x values. If the values in x are equally spaced, the values are the center values of the bins. opt=PL_BIN_NOEXPAND|...: The outer bins are drawn with equal size as the ones inside. opt=PL_BIN_NOEMPTY|...: Bins with zero height are not drawn (there is a gap for such bins). AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLBIN(3plplot)