Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash or awk script to solve this problem Post 302453429 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 08:12:34 AM
Old 09-15-2010
With OpenOffice? Anyway, I don't see any relationship between the first file and the desired output but if I understand your question, this should do the job:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{if($NF=="in"){a[$1]}next} $1 in a' file1 file2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I solve this problem?

I'm now designing a server application which can serve large number of clients' request. I've a question to ask, that is, main process will block when invoke the "accept" function, if a client request comes, main process should be separated into 2 processes by invoking "fork" function, the parent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acqy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can't solve that problem [PLEASE HELP]

well, my internet brakes down every day because of my server, i don't have troubles with RAM or anything i think... that problem started since i am running an unrealircd server... well, my internet brakes down and when i try to access the inside ip from the server on http port 80, it says that:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AiRkO
2 Replies

3. Programming

Can any one solve this Problem...!!!

Try to solve this.....It's a nice program..... #include<stdio.h> void change() { /*Write something in this function so that the output of printf in main function should give 5 . Do not change the main function */ } void main() { int i=5; change(); (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baba B. Saheb
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how would you solve this problem?

I have a file process.txt I wanted to just grab data in "process" column. Name process process_id status Adminserver adminserver 22669 Running Browser Engine browserengine ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soemac
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! SHELL or AWK script - only the masters of the forum will solve

Hello everybody! I have no experience with shell Programmer, but I need to compare 02 files. Txt and generate an output or a new file, after the comparisons. see: If the column 1 of file1 is equal to column 1 of file2, and column 3 of file2 contains the column 4 of file1, output: column1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: He2
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown Problem. I really want your help to solve this!

Take a look on this code: #!/bin/sh currentpath=`pwd` if ; then #Normal user if ; then "$currentpath"/.cleaner else ./runit fi else #Root user if ; then rm -r /some fi mkdir /some cd /home/ echo "`ls --group-directories-first -1`" > /some/allusers cat /some/allusers | sed 's/... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a bash script and tried very hard but i couldn't solve it please help

please can you help me with this script ( very very important ) what I'm trying is to write program that accepts list of user as its argument 1- If a user or more are given as arguments, the script should reset files permissions as follows: a. Directory ~/share to 750 (if it exists). b. All... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: testman84
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk script problem

Hi, I have 100 files containing different values in single column, I want to split those files in two separate files (file2 and file3) based on average value of first column of each file, for those files I am working on the following script #bin/bash for memb in $(seq 1 100) do awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsp80
4 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - print differences between two files SYNOPSIS
diff [-c | -e | -C n] [-br]file1 file2 OPTIONS
-C n Produce output that contains n lines of context -b Ignore white space when comparing -c Produce output that contains three lines of context -e Produce an ed-script to convert file1 into file2 -r Apply diff recursively to files and directories of EXAMPLES
diff file1 file2 # Print differences between 2 files diff -C 0 file1 file2 # Same as above diff -C 3 file1 file2 # Output three lines of context with every diff -c file1 file2 # Same diff /etc /dev # Compares recursively the directories /etc and /dev diff passwd /etc # Compares ./passwd to /etc/passwd DESCRIPTION
the same name, when file1 and file2 are both directories" difference encountered" Diff compares two files and generates a list of lines telling how the two files differ. Lines may not be longer than 128 characters. If the two arguments on the command line are both directories, diff recursively steps through all subdirectories comparing files of the same name. If a file name is found only in one directory, a diagnostic message is written to stdout. A file that is of either block special, character special or FIFO special type, cannot be compared to any other file. On the other hand, if there is one directory and one file given on the command line, diff tries to compare the file with the same name as file in the directory directory. SEE ALSO
cdiff(1), cmp(1), comm(1), patch(1). DIFF(1)