Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH loop inside a loop question Post 302453427 by rethink on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 07:58:16 AM
Old 09-15-2010
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop inside while loop

Dear All, i have a awk script where i'm using while loop inside while loop here is the code: awk -v DATE="$CURRDATE" -v -F'@' 'BEGIN { while(( getline < "Merge_Calldet.txt" )) { ARR=$5 LINE=$0 while(( getline < "Merge_Accessnum.txt" )) { TESTSIMENTRY=$1 FILEDATE=$15 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to have a for loop inside another for loop?

Is it possible to have a for loop nested inside another for loop? I am trying to run a script against specific files inside a child directory but I can't seem to find a solution that is clean and affect to do it. Here is what I am trying do. I have 2 gzip files in each of the Target Directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop inside For loop

I am new to unix and trying to make a script for writing all my command into another file and use that file to run all commands I am trying to use for loop with echo command to generate a command based script for writing the file with all the command sequentially w.r.t for loop. I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

while loop inside a for loop

Hi, I am a newbie and would like to create a shell script that will move one file at a time from one path to another path in the same server. However, the next file should wait until the first file gets deleted by an application. I tried creating the script but right after the first file has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rgomons
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If inside If loop

Hi All, Below is the very simple code snippet but it si giving me syntax error #!/bin/bash #To ensure If JMS directory exists or not ServerName=$(hostname) #To ensure If JMS directory exists or not echo $ServerName if ; then echo "Inside First If" if ; then echo 'JMS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - loop question

Hi Folks, I have a loop that goes through an array and the output is funky. sample: array=( 19.239.211.30 ) for i in "${array}" do echo $i iperf -c $i -P 10 -x CSV -f b -t 50 | awk 'END{print '$i',$6}' >> $file done Output: 19.239.211.30 19.2390.2110.3 8746886 seems that when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrohuffer2001
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write a while loop inside for loop?

I'm taking a unix class and need to countdown to 0 from whatever number the user inputs. I know how to do this with a while or until loop but using the for loop is throwing me off.... I know I can use an if-then statement in my for loop but can I include a while loop in my for loop? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxhieixx
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - How to do a "read -p" inside a while loop?

Hi there guys! I was trying to do: while read line; do if ; then read -p "Press Enter to continue..." cont=0 fi echo $line let cont++ done < file.txt However, I have read that the read -p would not work in a while loop... I was wondering if there is any other way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rplae
2 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)