Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Block users ftp service
Operating Systems AIX Block users ftp service Post 302453235 by lo-lp-kl on Tuesday 14th of September 2010 12:54:18 PM
Old 09-14-2010
block users ftp service

Thanks lakris

the user was connect by sftp. The ftp was block.
Now I have to block sftp service.

Thanks for your comments.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp: ftp/tcp: unknown service

Hello, when I type ftp on the server (Sco Unix 5.0.4) it gives an error messages which is "ftp: ftp/tcp: unknown service" but I have this service in '/etc/services' file. Also when I want to telnet from another machine to this machine is gives also 'telnet: tcp/telnet: unknown service' this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
2 Replies

2. Linux

Ftp Service /process Status

:confused: Hi Can anyone tell me how to check the FTP process status in linux . eg,I'm ftpping some files from "A" server to "B" server through FTP command , after ftpping these files , I 'm suppose to delete the files which are successfully ftpped from "A" server ,but when I 'm checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GaneshB
1 Replies

3. Linux

Enable sudo for Win AD users authenticated with Linux samba winbind service

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone ever came across the idea of unifying AD and Linux user accounts We have a Linux machine with 'samba' 'winbind' service configured to let Windows AD users to logon locally using their AD accounts and passwords. I can use 'su' to get to the local user privilege... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP service..please help me

could you please guys and gals to educate me about the ftp...implementation and how to use it on BSD? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipbalm
2 Replies

5. Linux

Setting up FTP service +on Fedora 9

Hi all, I set up FTP service at my linuxAbox. Everything is good. When i did FTP from my LinuxB box , it authenticated just fine. The problem is: 1. I can't list the directory 2. when i use ls command to list the directory, it showed: 227 Entering passive mode... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Corporate VPN service with separate nets for different users/groups

Hi We are going to host some services for customers with separate private networks for each customer. Each customer will need one or more users. I have to put up a VPN solution, and I would like to use something that will work on "any" platform, easily, without too much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: signal
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp: Name or service not known

Hi All, I'm a new user. When I try to use ftp in a script, its throwing the below error "ftp: Name or service not known". what could be the issue??? Pls help.;) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP service/ set up

Hi Everybody, How can I understand when I login to any unix server that this server is having ftp service running? what I care is that I want to ftp something to this server and I can't, something like connection refuse. is there any ways to understand if the ftp is setup? and if not, how to set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies
PAM_FTP(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual							PAM_FTP(8)

NAME
pam_ftp - PAM module for anonymous access module SYNOPSIS
pam_ftp.so [debug] [ignore] [users=XXX,YYY,...] DESCRIPTION
pam_ftp is a PAM module which provides a pluggable anonymous ftp mode of access. This module intercepts the user's name and password. If the name is ftp or anonymous, the user's password is broken up at the @ delimiter into a PAM_RUSER and a PAM_RHOST part; these pam-items being set accordingly. The username (PAM_USER) is set to ftp. In this case the module succeeds. Alternatively, the module sets the PAM_AUTHTOK item with the entered password and fails. This module is not safe and easily spoofable. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. ignore Pay no attention to the email address of the user (if supplied). ftp=XXX,YYY,... Instead of ftp or anonymous, provide anonymous login to the comma separated list of users: XXX,YYY,.... Should the applicant enter one of these usernames the returned username is set to the first in the list: XXX. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The authentication was successful. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/ftpd to handle ftp style anonymous login: # # ftpd; add ftp-specifics. These lines enable anonymous ftp over # standard UN*X access (the listfile entry blocks access to # users listed in /etc/ftpusers) # auth sufficient pam_ftp.so auth required pam_unix.so use_first_pass auth required pam_listfile.so onerr=succeed item=user sense=deny file=/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_ftp was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_FTP(8)