Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HP-UX to Win2K8 Script Execution Post 302453064 by Cameron on Tuesday 14th of September 2010 02:32:12 AM
Old 09-14-2010
HP-UX to Win2K8 Script Execution

Hello All,

Am needing to have our HP-UX system(s) connect to a Win2K8 server and execute a script stored on the server.

Apart from using ssh to connect, are there any other dot-points anyone might light to suggest that I should or will need to consider (or have a simple sample) ?

Cheers,
Cameron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pb with script execution

Hello, Can somebody tell me the differnce between a call of a ksh with the dot : >. script.ksh and the call without the dot: >script.ksh In my script I have writen a test for the number of parameters: if then echo 'Usage : '$0 exit 1 fi as my script doesn't need any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cecile
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on script execution

Hi, Please help me on the below code of line of what it actually does ${Script_dir}/scrip1.sh & export script1_pid=$! ${Scipt_dir}/script2.sh & export script2_pid=$! ${Scrip_dIR}/script3.sh & export script3_pid=$! wait ${script1_pid} //could u tell me wht this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to carry-over the script execution to another system

The situation is like this. If I need to know the parameters of all the unix servers connected to a common network, is it possible to get all the parameter details of all the system with the help of a script written in one server?? Can a script be written like that ? Let me give some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvanash
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendations required - rsync HP-UX -> Win2K8

Hello Everyone, Am needing to establish a logging repository for eight(8) new HP-UX servers to a Windows 2008 server. This is to allow the developers access to the required logs from each of the respective servers. Have not done rsync from a HP-UX box to a Windows platform before so I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of a script

Hi i have a small script like this $ cat test.sh #!/usr/bin/sh name="ram" echo ${1} set 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 123 o870 echo $9 echo ${12} when i am trying to execute like below i am not getting the output jena samp_perl $ sh test.sh test.sh: This: not found (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragilla
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script execution

I need to call a script if the month end falls on Saturday or Sunday (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala1985
5 Replies
CONNECT-PROXY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CONNECT-PROXY(1)

NAME
connect-proxy -- connect over SOCKS4/5 proxy SYNOPSIS
connect-proxy [-dnhst45] [-R resolve ] [-p local-port ] [-w secs ] [-H [user@]proxy-server[:port]] ] [-S [user@]socks-server[:port]] ] [-T proxy-server[:port] ] [-c telnet-proxy-command ] [host] [port] DESCRIPTION
connect-proxy open connection over SOCKS4/5 proxies Please, note that any HTTP-Proxy tunnel won't work with content-inspection firewall (unless using SSL). OPTIONS
-H specifies a hostname and port number of the http proxy server to relay. If port is omitted, 80 is used. You can specify this value in the environment variable HTTP_PROXY and pass the -h option to use it. -S specifies the hostname and port number of the SOCKS server to relay. Like -H, port number can be omitted and the default is 1080. You can also specify this value pair in the environment variable SOCKS5_SERVER and give the -s option to use it. -4 specifies SOCKS relaying and indicates protocol version to use. It is valid only when used with '-s' or '-S'. Default is '-5' (protocol version 5) -R method to resolve the hostname. Three keywords ("local", "remote", "both") or dot-notation IP address are acceptable. The key- word "both" means, "Try local first, then remote". If a dot-notation IP address is specified, use this host as nameserver. The default is "remote" for SOCKS5 or "local" for others. On SOCKS4 protocol, remote resolving method ("remote" and "both") requires protocol 4a supported server. -p will forward a local TCP port instead of using the standard input and output. -P same to '-p' except keep remote session. The program repeats waiting the port with holding remote session without disconnecting. To connect the remote session, send EOF to stdin or kill the program. -w timeout in seconds for making connection with TARGET host. -d used for debug. If you fail to connect, use this and check request to and response from server. USAGE
To use proxy, this example is for SOCKS5 connection to connect to "host" at port 25 via SOCKS5 server on "firewall" host. connect-proxy -S firewall host 25 SOCKS5_SERVER=firewall; export SOCKS5_SERVER; connect-proxy -s host 25 For a HTTP-PROXY connection: connect-proxy -H proxy-server:8080 host 25 HTTP_PROXY=proxy-server:8080; export HTTP_PROXY; connect-proxy -h host 25 To forward a local port, for example to use ssh: connect-proxy -p 5550 -H proxy-server:8080 host 22 ssh -l user To use it along ssh transparently: # file://~/.ssh/config # not using proxy on lan Host 192.* ProxyCommand connect-proxy %h %p # mandatory to access the internet Host * ProxyCommand connect-proxy -H proxyserver:8080 %h %p Or for all users ( /etc/ssh/ssh_config ) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS5_USER, SOCKS5_PASSWORD, HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD, CONNECT_PASSWORD, LOGNAME, USER SEE ALSO
ssh (1). WWW
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/connect AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philippe Coval rzr@gna.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CONNECT-PROXY(1)