Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/sudoers - extract Ids
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting /etc/sudoers - extract Ids Post 302452981 by ak835 on Monday 13th of September 2010 05:28:38 PM
Old 09-13-2010
MySQL /etc/sudoers - extract Ids

Gurus

I have an unusual task to be done with.

Task:

A > Pick up /etc/sudoers file and extract all the Ids from it.

B > Compare these Ids with those in /etc/passwd file .If match is found,store those Ids in a separate file.

O.S involved : Solaris 5.9/5.10 , AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3

Part B is relatively simple and can be handled later.

I need advice/help on Part A.

Any direction is highly appreciated !!

Regards
AbHi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sudoers file

Hi, I have edited 'sudoers' file to allow 'cads' user shutdown the system without providing a password. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my file? It's not working when I 'sudo SHUTDOWN' command: sudo: SHUTDOWN: command not found Thanks a lot! # Host alias specification... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers on HP 11.11

Having a "running low on coffee" moment here & need help. On HP 11.11 where is the sudoers file located; I looked every place I could think of and don't see it. Thanks in advance:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers

i just installed/configured apache2.0 on my own aix5.3 mini server. i can start/stop apache by root, but i want to start it under my login id(admin) instead. i need to execute this command: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/bin/apachectl stop/start. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudoers file

i have defined a rule in the sudoers file so a specific user is able to run some commands as sudo with no password. my question is: is it possible to restrict a user to run commands as sudo only in a certain directory? for example: chown only the files that are located in /var/tmp. Thank you. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noam128
2 Replies

5. Solaris

sudoers

this is for the first time i am going to use sudoers i want know how to create sudoers and giving privileges for that users thanks in advance dinu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
6 Replies

6. Solaris

sudoers

what is the configuration file for sudo? can we edit it as like other file or will it create any adverse effect on editing that file? thanks in advance dinu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract columns by matching ids in two files

Hello, I want to extract columns from file2 to file3 by matching ids between file1 and file2. The extracted columns should be in same order as file1 ids. for example: file1.txt 1823 607 R2A9 802 771 file2.txt 1823 1 2 4 22 11 4 29 607 12 3 3 R2A9... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan9011
8 Replies

8. Linux

Sudoers in Centos

In our servers we don't have proper groups and No active Directory. We are adding Users locally and providing users a public key, that's the way they can connect to the servers using .ppk file. My manager ask me to prompt for a password based login when they try for Sudo. (Currently it was set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekar777
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudoers

Having a bit of a discussion with a software vendor about this. Can anyone confirm my understanding? /etc/sudoers file example:- user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/ls -l user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/file But then the following command fails (logged in on server 1 as user1) because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List of all ids,groups, privilege ids

I wish to pull out a list of all user ids on the system, including the privileged ids, the groups to which they belong to. Sometimes after deleting an id also, its home dir does not get deleted or an entry is left behind in /etc/passwd. Can someone help me with a script to achieve both. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
ICNCTRL(8)						    Linux System Administration 						ICNCTRL(8)

NAME
icnctrl - configure ICN ISDN adaptor SYNOPSIS
icnctrl [-d Driver-Id] action options ... DESCRIPTION
icnctrl is used to setup the ICN ISDN device driver and for downloading the firmware into the ISDN card. The use of icnctrl makes sense, if you are using an ICN card only. OPTIONS
-d Driver-Id selects the S0 interface named by Driver-Id. Driver-Ids are defined during driver initialisation. See icn(4) for a description of the syntax to be used for modularised and monolithic driver versions. This option must be used to identify the S0 interface if more than one S0 interface is existent. If a single ICN-2B is used, it may be omitted. If using more than one card, support for the other cards is enabled with the add action of icnctrl. Ids may not start with digits or small x, because these values are misinter- preted as numeric parameters by insmod. For loading the module, always the newest modutils package should be used to avoid problems during load. The following actions may be given to icnctrl. add port [id1 [id2]] enables support for an additional card in the driver. If id1 and id2 are missing, adds an ICN-2B with an id given by the system. with id2 missing, adds an ICN-2B with an Id given by the user. With both Ids given, adds an ICN-4B with both Ids given by the user. There is no checking against port-conflicts. Ports are checked later during first activation while downloading the firmware and can be changed at runtime. Ids are checked against conflicts, and if a conflict happens, replaced by the system in the same manner as if no Id was supplied. It is not allowed, to add cards, after a load was done. io [base-address port] sets the address of the memory-mapped IO-region and the port-base. After loading the icn-module into kernel-space, this command should be used as the very first setup, if the hardware settings are different from the default settings below. If both parameters are omitted, prints out current settings. The default memory address is 0xD0000, the default port-base is 0x320. An ICN card uses 4 port-addresses. The memory address is globally used for all cards (cards are mapped on demand), while each card has its own port range. Memory range is 16k. leased on|1|2|off switches between normal (dialup) and leased-line mode. Leased-line mode is intended for usage with S64K-lines or - if both channels are used - for S02. If the second parameter is 1 , only one channel is enabled. If the second parameter is 2 or on both channels are enabled. Leased lines do not have a D-channel. When leased-line mode is enabled, the driver simulates incoming calls using spe- cial "phone-numbers" for calling and called address which are generated as follows: Calling number: LEASEDx where x is the internal slot-number of the S0 interface. This number starts with 0 for the first S0 interface and is incremented by one for every S0 interface configured using the add action. Called number: x where x is equal to the channel number of the calling S0 interface starting with 1. load boot-code firmware [firmware2] downloads the firmware into the card and starts operation. Using this command, after loading the icn-module into kernel-space the first real access to the hardware is done. Therefore the io action above, should be used before, if the hardware settings are dif- ferent from the default settings. Usually the images are located in @DATADIR@. The boot-code is named loadpg.bin. The firmware depends on the D-channel protocol of the ISDN line. For German 1TR6-lines, the firmware is named pc_1t_ca.bin. For Euro-ISDN-lines, it is named pc_eu_ca.bin. When loading an ICN-4B, two firmware parameters have to be supplied. The first firmware is used for the upper S0 connector, the second firmware is used for the lower S0 connector (towards the card's slot connector). dump is available if the program is configured using the --enable-dump option only. The contents of internal driver variables is dumped on stdout. FILES
@DATADIR@/loadpg.bin This is the image of the bootstrap loader, which is loaded first, then loads the firmware into the card's memory and starts execu- tion. @DATADIR@/pc_1t_ca.bin This is the image of the firmware designed for the German 1TR6 protocol. @DATADIR@/pc_eu_ca.bin This is the image of the firmware, designed for Euro ISDN. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on stderr: Read error on boot-code The file supplied as boot-code has less than 4096 bytes length or could not be read. Read error on firmware The file supplied as firmware has less than 65536 bytes length or could not be read. BUGS
No bugs so far. AUTHOR
(C) 1997 by Fritz Elfert <fritz@isdn4linux.de> SEE ALSO
isdnctrl(8), icn(4), isdnctrl(4), ttyI(4). isdn4k-utils-3.9 1999/09/06 ICNCTRL(8)