Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The efficiency between GREP and SED??? Post 302452942 by Corona688 on Monday 13th of September 2010 01:15:41 PM
Old 09-13-2010
Unless you need to process lots of them or process within a short time limit, 22 megs really isn't that big these days anyway.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

efficiency..

how efficient is it, and how practical is it to call outside programs in a shell script (bash) for small tasks? for example, say i have a script that might preform many tasks, one of those tasks may require root access; rather than implementing inside the script a method to use su or sudo to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: code efficiency for gmtime

I have the following Perl snippet: # get datetime @dt = gmtime(); $strdate = 1900 + $dt . addleadingzero(++$dt) . addleadingzero($dt) . addleadingzero($dt) . addleadingzero($dt) . addleadingzero($dt); # write to file $outfile = $strdate . ".txt"; getstore($url, $outfile) or die "Error:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve program efficiency (awk)

Hi !! I've finished an awk exercise. Here it is: #!/bin/bash function calcula { # Imprimimos el mayor tamaño de fichero ls -l $1 | awk ' BEGIN { max = $5; # Inicializamos la variable que nos guardará el máximo con el tamaño del primer archivo } { if ($5 > max){ #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phass
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File or Folder Efficiency?

I've got this program set up so that it creates files whose unique names specify the jobs their contents describe. In order to retrieve the information inside those files, I have to do a "grep" and awk or sed to extract it. I've just assumed that making a directory with that unique name that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmark99
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About efficiency of parallel memory allocation

Hello, there. I'm a new beginner to Linux kernel and curious about its memory management. When multiple applications apply for memory space at the same time, how Linux kernel solve the resource contending problem for high performance? I have known that there is a buddy system for allocating and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackwall
4 Replies
resource.h(3HEAD)						      Headers							 resource.h(3HEAD)

NAME
resource.h, resource - definitions for resource operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/resource.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/resource.h> header defines the symbolic constants listed below as possible values of the which argument of getpriority() and set- priority(). See getpriority(3C). PRIO_PROCESS identifies the who argument as a process ID PRIO_PGRP identifies the who argument as a process group ID PRIO_USER identifies the who argument as a user ID The following type is defined through typedef: rlim_t unsigned integer type used for limit values The following symbolic constants are defined: RLIM_INFINITY a value of rlim_t indicating no limit RLIM_SAVED_MAX a value of type rlim_t indicating an unrepresentable saved hard limit RLIM_SAVED_CUR a value of type rlim_t indicating an unrepresentable saved soft limit The symbolic constants listed below are defined as possible values of the who parameter of getrusage(). See getrusage(3C). RUSAGE_SELF returns information about the current process RUSAGE_CHILDREN returns information about children of the current process The <sys/resource.h> header defines the rlimit structure, which includes the following members: rlim_t rlim_cur /* the current (soft) limit */ rlim_t rlim_max /* the hard limit */ The <sys/resource.h> header defines the rusage structure, which includes the following members: struct timeval ru_utime /* user time used */ struct timeval ru_stime /* system time used */ The timeval structure is defined as described in <sys/time.h>. The symbolic constants listed below are defined as possible values for the resource argument of getrlimit() and setrlimit(). See getr- limit(2). RLIMIT_CORE limit on size of core dump file RLIMIT_CPU limit on CPU time per process RLIMIT_DATA limit on data segment size RLIMIT_FSIZE limit on file size RLIMIT_NOFILE limit on number of open files RLIMIT_STACK limit on stack size RLIMIT_AS limit on address space size The id_t type is defined through typedef as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). Inclusion of the <sys/resource.h> header can also make visible all symbols from <sys/time.h>. See time.h(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getrlimit(2), getpriority(3C), time.h(3HEAD), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 resource.h(3HEAD)